EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 10 Nov 2017, 03:58 AM   #1
valenciaj

Forwarding e.mails

I have always used the e-address valenciaj@ftml.net, and most of my friends and customers know it, I recently opened a new company and my business cards show an address referred to the acronym of the company (as requested per the certification auditors), my question is if there is a way to redirect the mails to my company as jaime.valencia@prosaben.com (PROSABEN being the name of my company) to my usual address valenciaj@ftml.net, and if so, how would I do it.
Thanks in advance: JAIME VALENCIA
valenciaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Nov 2017, 02:57 PM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenciaj View Post
I have always used the e-address valenciaj@ftml.net, and most of my friends and customers know it, I recently opened a new company and my business cards show an address referred to the acronym of the company (as requested per the certification auditors), my question is if there is a way to redirect the mails to my company as jaime.valencia@prosaben.com (PROSABEN being the name of my company) to my usual address valenciaj@ftml.net, and if so, how would I do it.
Thanks in advance: JAIME VALENCIA
It depends on what email hosting you are using.
If the hosting doesn't provide forwarding, then the only way is fetching mails via pop3 from it within your fastmail account.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2017, 12:02 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow How to use your own domain with your Fastmail account

The best way is to receive the emails directly in your Fastmail account. No forwarding is required, and you will be able to respond with From of your Prosaben email address. Forwarding (or sending email with a From address which is not associated with the email sending server) can in some cases cause messages to be treated as spam. Here are the requirements for you to use your own domain at your Fastmail account:
  • You must have a Standard or Professional plan at Fastmail (or if you have an older account it must be Enhanced or greater). If you have a lower level plan you can upgrade to Standard.
  • You must own (or have control over) your domain (prosaben.com).
  • Instructions for setting up your domain for using Fastmail are at:
    https://www.fastmail.com/help/receive/domains.html
    I recommend using the Nameservers hosted with FastMail choice.
  • Once you have this set up as recommended, everything involving your domain can be controlled by logging into your Fastmail account, including:
    • Email: You will be able to send using any address you wish to use at your probasen.com domain. You will be able to receive using any address at your probasen.com domain. You can choose to only use certain addresses and block others. You can also choose to set up accounts for other people in your company to use email at your domain.
    • Websites: You can set up simple basic websites at your domain. You can also set up photo galleries.
    • Cloud data storage: You can set up websites associated with your domain which can be used to upload and/or download data files. You can set up a password so only certain people can access that file storage location.
I use Fastmail in this manner, so that I can use email directly with my own domain email address, have a website at my domain, and use cloud storage at my domain. This works very well and is very reliable.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2017, 10:50 PM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

I'm currently using POBox.com for this. My domain emails go to POBox who forwards them all to a Gmail address I use. It's only $20 per year for the POBox Basic service. The way they have it set up works reliably. I have multiple domains that work this way, all funneling to a single Gmail address. If you want to you can have Gmail automatically label the incoming mail so you can quickly see which emails are coming from which domain.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote