EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Dec 2018, 01:15 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Which provider as alternative for a "throwaway" email?

There's a few websites I'd like to sign up for, but due to rumours of frequent spam, I'd opt to use a separate email address for it rather than risking to have my regular email account filled with spam and be worried about what other risks may be (I have anxiety disorder, so I often worry a bit too easily).

I first thought of signing up with a mail account that only lasts for a short while, such as the addresses provided by Guerrillamail.com ; those email addresses vanish after, if I remember well, 1 hour.
However, for the sake of not being kicked out of the sites I've signed up for when they detect an inexisting email address, I figured I'd better create a real mailbox but one used only for signing up etc.

I checked GMX.com, Mail.com, Zoho.com but they all ask for either another email address or a mobile number during the sign-up process. This I'd like to avoid because I want to keep my regular accounts far away from this one.

Does anyone know a service where you can sign up for without providing another mail address or phone number?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Dec 2018, 08:51 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Does anyone know a service where you can sign up for without providing another mail address or phone number?
mailbox.org isn't asking for such things.

https://kb.mailbox.org/display/MBOKB...g+registration
Quote:
When you create a new account at mailbox.org, we do need a full name to process the registration. However, we won't actually check your identity at any time, hence stating an arbitrary pseudonym here will be sufficient. This means anonymous registration at mailbox.org is absolutely possible.
You can have disposable addresses with Mailbox.org.
Quote:
If you prefer not to disclose your regular e-mail address to a third party, click the button below to create up to 11 disposable e-mail addresses. Disposable addresses have a limited lifespan of 30 days and will be deleted upon expiration. Users can extend the lifespan of any disposable address before it expires.

Please note that these kinds of addresses allow the temporary receiving of e-mails only - sending e-mails using a disposable address is not possible.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2018, 05:37 PM   #3
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Posteo doesn't require you provide an alternative email too.

Neither as riseup.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2019, 04:18 AM   #4
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I also found out Protonmail.ch and Mail.fr don't request an alternative email address during registration.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote