EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Nov 2012, 05:04 PM   #1
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Read this before posting a bug report to the wiki!

(Maybe a mod could sticky this thread...)

Please note that any bug reports to the Fastmail Wiki must be posted to the correct page; bugs in the Classic interface go to Known Bugs, whilst reports on the new AJAX interface go to Ajax-Bugs. I've so far had to delete two misplaced reports (one on the AJAX interface posted to Known Bugs, and another posted to ComposeScreenInterface; the latter would have been deleted anyway, as it wasn't a useful report, it was just a rant).

With all the problems the FM developers have to deal with currently, they have more important things to do than to look at all page changes on the wiki, in case one of them is a bug report; and I likewise don't want to have to waste time moving misplaced reports to the correct page. Any bug reports which are misplaced (including being posted to the wrong bug-report page) will simply be deleted; as will any "reports" which are just rants (post those here instead).
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Nov 2012, 07:42 PM   #2
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Although I haven't reported any bugs there and I'm sure your "keeping the wiki clean" efforts are much appreciated, I want to make two comments on this:
  1. "Fastmail staff" should be happy that there are users who both pay for the service AND do the job of reporting bugs to develop it further. Looking for bugs should not be the user's job!
  2. To delete reported bugs is against FM's own interests.
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2012, 08:25 AM   #3
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
To delete reported bugs is against FM's own interests.
I have deleted three bug reports so far (not two as in my previous post); one was an AJAX report posted to the Known Bugs page, which is for the classic interface and which FM staff probably aren't monitoring anyway (and which was in the wrong format despite the clear instructions at the top of the page, and was little more than a rant hence of no real use), one was made into a bogus "category" (and posted to Ajax-FAQ instead of Ajax-Bugs), and one (as already noted) was posted to an old, old page which is almost certainly not being monitored, and was just a rant so wouldn't have been of any use whatsoever anyway.

If a bug report is a genuine report (not just a rant), isn't made into a fake "category" in an attempt to jump it to the head of the priority queue (which will actually have the opposite effect), and is posted to the correct page for the interface for which it's a report and is properly worded so the staff can actually figure out what the problem is supposed to be, it won't be deleted (by me at least). There have been several such.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote