EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 23 Nov 2014, 01:39 AM   #16
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
hm, thats odd. I signed up and got a welcome email. They also have some youtube links about verse https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cBOY0m2s-li4Af
Yes, same here. I just didn't copy those links here, since I believe they're also available at the site Berenburger originally linked to above.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2014, 06:15 AM   #17
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
hm, thats odd. I signed up and got a welcome email.
I tried it again today and it worked. I have no idea why it failed the first time.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2014, 07:12 AM   #18
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
I tried it again today and it worked. I have no idea why it failed the first time.
Tried again too. Also success now. Probably a glitch of IBM's servers earlier.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2015, 07:20 AM   #19
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

Account signups are starting today. I got a notice via email.

Demerits:
1) You can't choose your account name, it's fixed at firstname.lastname@ibmverse.com

2) It rejects passwords longer than about 16 characters. 16 works, 24 and 32 fail. It does not, however, say that password length is the reason for rejecting your password. Figuring out that password length was the reason my passwords were being silently rejected required trial and error.

3) It doesn't work with Safari. You get a "has not been certified to work with this browser" error page and nothing else. You can't use the account at all. Not amusing considering IBM's big splash about working with Apple for business.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2015, 05:55 AM   #20
emebrs
Essential Contributor

I filled out the form (for the first time) today and haven't heard anything yet. How long should I wait before filling it out again?
Edit: I received a message but no information about actually getting started with IBM Verse.

Last edited by emebrs : 11 May 2015 at 12:21 AM. Reason: update
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 08:11 AM   #21
scott2020

I waited about 3 days to get something after I signed up. I had to fill out some more information, wait another day or so, and then got my password email to fill out. The entire process took 5 days or so.

So far it looks ok, but nothing spectacular. Previous deficiencies already noted, but I am also getting used to having my email sorted for me in Gmail or Outlook. I know some don't care for that and won't, but I like having my promotions, social updates, etc not clogging my inbox. I don't see that in Verse. I cannot set another email domain for outbound email either.
scott2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2015, 01:45 PM   #22
emebrs
Essential Contributor

If anyone has an account they do not want, let me know. I might be willing to pay you a nominal fee for it. Send me a PM.
Old 15 May 2015, 07:20 AM   #23
David
Ultimate Contributor

I registered for an IBMVerse account about four days ago and received final confirmation of my account this morning. For the record, IBMVerse will not work with the latest version of Firefox on Ubuntu Linux; When attempting to login I received feedback saying, incompatible web browser, or similar I have yet to try it on Windows O/S.

Thanks

David
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2015, 10:56 AM   #24
emebrs
Essential Contributor

So you can't use Safari or Firefox?
Wondering why I still haven't been given a chance to create an account.
Old 15 May 2015, 01:02 PM   #25
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
So you can't use Safari or Firefox?
Wondering why I still haven't been given a chance to create an account.
Firefox is one of the web browsers that IBMVerse suggest to use. I am thinking that the only reason I am unable to use it is because I am running it on top of Linux.............
Old 16 May 2015, 01:01 AM   #26
David
Ultimate Contributor

I have just logged in to my account via Firefox on Windows. It seems to be very social media orientated, sigh.