EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 11 Mar 2020, 02:28 AM   #1
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Fastmail (new interface) - Compose

Using the webmail interface under Firefox...

I just clicked on Compose, to write a new mail. The new mail form came up with my default identity set... but although there's a dropdown arrow shown, clicking it does nothing... and I can't pick a different identity.

Anyone else have the same problem?

I did experiment a bit; if I first click on a particular folder for which (for replying to emails routed there) I've set a reply-to identity, that identity is pre-selected when I click Compose.

That seems to mean that if eg I want to write an email using my Facebook identity, I have to scroll down to one of my Facebook folders, click it, scroll back up to the top of the folder list, click Compose... and proceed.

But what should I do if I want to compose a mail from an identity that doesn't correspond to a folder (or does, but I can't remember which one)?
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Mar 2020, 02:35 AM   #2
earlybird

Works correctly for me in FF 74. All identities (about 20) shown.
earlybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2020, 03:13 AM   #3
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
I just clicked on Compose, to write a new mail. The new mail form came up with my default identity set... but although there's a dropdown arrow shown, clicking it does nothing... and I can't pick a different identity.

Anyone else have the same problem?
If I click on the down arrow itself, nothing happens. But if I click on the actual default address, I get the drop down menu.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2020, 03:24 AM   #4
chickadee

That's right, the arrow doesn't work. Simply click on the address itself to change the identity.
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2020, 03:36 AM   #5
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Aha! Thank-you everyone.

It's interesting that on the 'write mail' form, there's two other things with drop-down arrows, and for those clicking the arrow does work (as well as clicking on the text to the left of the arrow).

I'll report it as a bug.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote