EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 23 Feb 2007, 04:43 PM   #16
pin
Essential Contributor

I have put in my transfer request. I use Myrealbox quite a bit for not so important communication - it saves me handing my main email address out to all and sundry.

I am hoping this is good news for Myrealbox and am encouraged by the following on the Messaging Architects website :

"Q. Will Messaging Architects keep the Myrealbox public email server live?

Yes. Myrealbox is a wonderful demonstration of the power and scalability of the NetMail engine. M+Guardian will be installed in front of the Myrealbox server, ensuring that users' mailboxes are 100% spam-, virus-, spyware- and adware-free. Messaging Architects will enhance the storage capacity offered and accept new accounts registration once additional storage and certain hardware updates are performed. We will also offer automated mailbox search and indexing capabilities toward the latter part of 2007."

http://www.messagingarchitects.com/p...TOKEN=80174082
pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 10:55 AM   #17
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

It may just be my imagination, but spam has already stopped appearing in my MRB account...which, given the volume of spam that I had been getting there, is quite an accomplishment, however it's come about.
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 11:06 AM   #18
CyberSmurf

Maybe not all your messages are being delivered.
Quote:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:17:52 -0700 (MST)
Temporary error returned by SMTP partner.
smtp;451 Too many connections, please try later
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 11:14 AM   #19
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

I have seen a QSpam message in one of my MRB accounts, so yes it looks to me like some of the new software is in place.

And hopefully a "try again" error from SMTP will allow later delivery, and may well be indications of system changes. It's not rejecting or throwing away messages, just defferring them.
kaptitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 11:16 AM   #20
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmurf View Post
Maybe not all your messages are being delivered.
Well yeah, I hadn't thought of that...this is MRB after all. The last piece of legit mail is dated Feb 23, and a test mail I just sent hasn't yet arrived.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 11:25 AM   #21
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptitsky View Post
I have seen a QSpam message in one of my MRB accounts, so yes it looks to me like some of the new software is in place...
Yes, a few days ago I got a similar message. I thought at first it was a phishing attempt. MRB has left me a little shell-shocked over the past couple of years, unfortunately.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 11:59 PM   #22
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Well the last spam email I recieved was on the 24th (Two days ago), and since then it's completely stopped which is very nice to see at long last.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2007, 10:26 AM   #23
rseiler

I'd expect the address to continue (as they claim) but for there to be a point in the future, say, six months or a year, where they set a deadline for the new domain. That's typically how these things work, like when one ISP buys another.

BTW, did anyone get notified of this via email? I didn't. You'd think they would....
rseiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2007, 10:39 AM   #24
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseiler View Post
BTW, did anyone get notified of this via email? I didn't. You'd think they would....
Yes, I did, on the same day as King of Email's original post to this thread, apparently, although it wasn't until later that I discoverd the message, since I haven't been checking my MRB box regularly for quite awhile now.

Quote:
from MyRealBox Postmaster <postmasterATmyrealbox.com>
to MyRealBoxUserATmyrealbox.com
date Feb 21, 2007 6:34 PM
subject Messaging Architects Assumes MyRealBox Service

Subscriber Action Required to Transfer Accounts

Dear MyRealBox User:

Novell has transferred the MyRealBox.com service and public e-mail server to our partner, Messaging Architects. MyRealBox demonstrates the high performance and scalability of the NetMail engine, for which Messaging Architects is also assuming development and support. Messaging Architects plans to keep the MyRealBox public e-mail server live, with the added benefit of its powerful anti-virus, anti-spam and anti-adware capabilities and increased storage capacity. New account registration information will be available soon.

Based on our privacy agreement with you, however, Novell cannot transfer your account information to Messaging Architects without your consent. To request that your account be transferred to Messaging Architects, please visit http://www.myrealbox.com. MyRealBox users will have until March 25, 2007 to opt in to the account transfer. After this date, all remaining accounts will be permanently removed, and mailbox contents will be deleted.

If you intend to keep your MyRealBox account active and want to avoid disruptions in service, visit the web site and request that your account be transferred today.

Regards,

Novell, Inc

Last edited by xmailer : 27 Feb 2007 at 09:45 PM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2007, 02:36 PM   #25
Empath

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseiler View Post
I'd expect the address to continue (as they claim) but for there to be a point in the future, say, six months or a year, where they set a deadline for the new domain. That's typically how these things work, like when one ISP buys another.
Whois on the domain myrealbox.com shows the domain belongs to Messaging Architects. It looks like they get the myrealbox name.
Empath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2007, 04:31 PM   #26
unhappysoul
Cornerstone of the Community

long time

myrealbox keep stuffs for long time.

I had couple email send to myself april of 2002 and I just login for the first time
in 5 years and they still kept the file and account.. wow
unhappysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2007, 06:24 PM   #27
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Now 5 years keeping an account open is impressive, most providers won't do it for mroe than a year.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2007, 04:49 AM   #28
lgnki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
Now 5 years keeping an account open is impressive, most providers won't do it for mroe than a year.
Either that or they "suspend" it so that conveniently, when you log back in your still their customer but everything you had is gone.
lgnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2007, 10:59 AM   #29
unhappysoul
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnki View Post
Either that or they "suspend" it so that conveniently, when you log back in your still their customer but everything you had is gone.
Nope, they still kept 3 emails I sent to myself five years ago...

It was final exam review for classes I took when I was in college.

I was at library cramming for final but did not have change to use the printer
so I send to myself to print from my home printer....

Yeap, looking at those files remind me of good old college days...
unhappysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2007, 11:53 AM   #30
lgnki

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappysoul View Post
Nope, they still kept 3 emails I sent to myself five years ago...

It was final exam review for classes I took when I was in college.

I was at library cramming for final but did not have change to use the printer
so I send to myself to print from my home printer....

Yeap, looking at those files remind me of good old college days...
haha ive been there
lgnki is offline   Reply With Quote