EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 8 Dec 2014, 09:56 AM   #1
Brad90

Gmail Alternate Email Confirmation

Hi. I have a query for any Gmail users on here.

About 2 weeks ago I logged into my Gmail account and a page came up asking me to confirm my alternate email address and mobile number. Just last week I logged into my family’s Gmail account and the same page was there. I have never seen it the whole time I have been using gmail… has anyone else had this? Could it be a sign that someone is trying access our accounts or anything?

Thanks.
Brad90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Dec 2014, 12:44 PM   #2
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I use Gmail daily and haven't seen that message. You can look at the Gmail login history to your account to see of there have been any logins from IP addresses that you do not recognize.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2014, 02:43 PM   #3
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
I use Gmail daily and haven't seen that message.
If you're logging in daily to the webmail, you probably won't.

I've experienced this confirmation request on Gmail accounts that I've not logged into for a while.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2014, 09:58 PM   #4
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I've also experienced a similar request when logging into a Gmail account which I haven't logged into for awhile, although I believe there was a link to click on to "skip" this request, which I've generally done.

On the other hand, with an account I haven't logged into for even a longer time, I've been required to give a phone number (land line or cell) in order to receive a voice or text message with a "secret" number in order to log in. With this latter, I had no other option (at least that I recall being aware of), but I had to give a phone number in order to log in. Once I inputted my access number, things proceeded as normally.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote