EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Jul 2014, 02:57 AM   #1
atikovi

What are all these emails offering employment?

Seems I get a dozen a day in my main folder, not spam folder, saying I've been offered a job at Google, FOX, Facebook, etc. paying $90K a year. Obviously I don't click on the links, but what are they selling or what is the scam? The $10M inheritance scams just not paying the rent anymore that they invented this new scam?
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Jul 2014, 06:50 AM   #2
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
Seems I get a dozen a day in my main folder, not spam folder, saying I've been offered a job at Google, FOX, Facebook, etc. paying $90K a year. Obviously I don't click on the links, but what are they selling or what is the scam? The $10M inheritance scams just not paying the rent anymore that they invented this new scam?
I get lots of spam from life insurance companies allegedly offering jobs who got my email address from Monster/Cybercoders.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2014, 07:35 AM   #3
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
... what are they selling or what is the scam? ...
It's not what they are selling, but what they attempt to take from you. I've never received one of these messages, but I would guess that they will ask you for personal information for their "human resources department".
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2014, 12:20 AM   #4
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Here's an article about online job scams which suggests a number of possibilities.

7 Telltale Signs of a Job Scam: http://t.co/nm9Q9ne1Wm
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2014, 01:05 AM   #5
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
The sad thing is, if an email provider really has a job vacancy, then it's easily going to be considered to be spam too.

In general, ignore such emails. If you somehow feel like the offer could be real, then try to find the vacancy on the providers' own homepage. If for example Yahoo had a real vacancy, then I'm sure it's rather to be found on the Yahoo homepage than in emails sent around to random people.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote