EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 27 Nov 2023, 11:15 PM   #1
Bamb0
Master of the @

Have something GOOD happen and ya wanna share it,here is the place

Last edited by Bamb0 : 8 Dec 2023 at 02:58 AM.
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Nov 2023, 12:32 PM   #2
Bamb0
Master of the @

I went to KFC today and had some cole slaw........ Oh my its as good as I remember it
Old 28 Nov 2023, 09:04 PM   #3
Bamb0
Master of the @

Smile

I just fixed my VCR which has been damaged for years now and a tape got jammed in and she wouldnt come back up..... It was like that a couple weeks.. I finally took it apart and managed to get the tape free and she works ok again....
Old 2 Dec 2023, 10:55 AM   #4
Bamb0
Master of the @

I found some good M&Ms on fri night!!!

Peanut Butter M&Ms are made with REG MILK (Instead of skim milk) I couldnt believe it when I read the ingredients!!

They taste delicous.... I sure wish they would make thier PLAIN M&MS with whole milk again!! (Changed in 2000 to skim milk and tastes (to me) not good)

Last edited by Bamb0 : 3 Dec 2023 at 01:19 AM.
Old 4 Dec 2023, 02:29 PM   #5
Bamb0
Master of the @

I went to a store I was at on friday ON SUNDAY as I noticed friday night they accidently didnt scan one of my items on friday... I wanted to make sure to get back there BEFORE THE NEXT AUDIT. I dont like messing stuff up!!

I dont know if they did an audit since friday or not but I felt good i got it paid for......

Last edited by Bamb0 : 6 Dec 2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old 4 Dec 2023, 05:57 PM   #6
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I drove my 2001 Toyota Corolla today. It's been a really long time since I did that. Usually my son is using that car, but now it's been parking for almost two weeks so I decided to take it for a drive. I almost forgot how well this car handles!
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2023, 03:26 PM   #7
Bamb0
Master of the @

Im glad ya got a nice drive
Old 6 Dec 2023, 06:07 PM   #8
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Im glad ya got a nice drive
Now I feel good about making you glad!
Old 6 Dec 2023, 10:08 PM   #9
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

I finally got SquirrelMail to work. I used to use it almost exclusively until about 20 years ago. It was working fine, and I had it dolled up to my liking and needs. A few weeks ago I d/l'ed the current version (1.4.22) and after configuring it I couldn't get it to work correctly. After a suggestion from one of its' maintainers, I replaced what I thought was the current version with 1.4.23 [SVN] and it works fine now. I expect to spend some or maybe much of my future adding add-ons and toying around in CSS land to get it more to my liking. I really don't need it but back in 2006 when I installed it and got my own domain name so I could have the same email address no matter what ISP and/or email service I was using. It was in the mid 1990's that I really got into web development and this new thing which wasn't really new called the internet. So I have sentimentality for SquirrelMail.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2023, 03:01 AM   #10
Bamb0
Master of the @

Yes thats my favourite email program! (Im glad my friend Jeff got a copy of it!!!!!!)

Old 8 Dec 2023, 04:36 AM   #11
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Yes thats my favourite email program!
Ya, mine too. The expandability of it reminds me somewhat of the old Fastmail UI days.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2024, 02:34 AM   #12
Bamb0
Master of the @

I got a nice 1950s MONO record player at salvation army the other day for 14.99 but the needle needs changing as it skips on alot of records........
Old 10 Apr 2024, 01:39 PM   #13
Bamb0
Master of the @

I got $60 today FREE... Me and my friend were at his friend Darrins old apartment here in town and there was a bunch of lotto tickets there..... They had been there for months and Steve didnt ever look at them,he figured they were losers..... I looked at 1 and it was a 40 dollar winner.... I asked him to Call Darrin and see if he wanted the tickets,he said "Bamb0 is looking thru them" Darrin said "Tell Bamb0 he can have them"

We went to the store and I cashed them in and it was $60 in total...

Well there is 1 more ($10) but the game ended and its not in thier database anymore but I can mail it to the lotto people and have it caahed straight away......

I told Steve to tell Darrin I said THANK YOU..... Steve cant believe they were there that long and neither Darrin or Tara cashed them in!

Im glad I checked and saw there was a 40 dollar winner on top!!

Plus an entry for the CASH 4 LIFE drawing tonight........
Old 11 Apr 2024, 02:03 AM   #14
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I talked to my mom on the phone right now. She called me.

That felt good (I sit in my office and don't feel like working...)
Old 11 Apr 2024, 03:10 AM   #15
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Clouds don’t obscure 2024 total solar eclipse

On Monday of this week (April 8, 2024), a total solar eclipse shadow moved through Texas and my house was in the path of totality. I had only seen one other total eclipse - in August 2017, I drove 550 miles (885 km) north to St Joseph, Missouri, with three friends. Unfortunately, thick clouds obscured the sun except for a few seconds during totality. Unfortunately, a cloud layer was forecast for the central and north central Texas area during the 2024 eclipse. That forecast was still active on the morning of the eclipse.

The total eclipse started at 1:40 PM. On Monday morning, it was sunny at dawn. But the cloud layer then arrived, and for the remainder of the morning the sun was obscured by the clouds. At 12:23 PM the partial eclipse began, and I was at a restaurant with friends who were visiting from eastern Tennessee. We walked outside, put on our eclipse glasses, and found that the clouds had largely disappeared and we had a great view of the initial partial eclipse. We drove to my house (only a 10 minute drive) and set up folding chairs in my driveway. The clouds nearly disappeared, with only a few wispy thin occasional clouds blowing over, and we had a near perfect view of both the partial and the total eclipse! The duration of the partial eclipse was 2 hours 39 minutes, and the totality duration was 3 minutes 22 seconds (202 seconds).

A total solar eclipse is quite different from a partial eclipse. During totality it gets very dark, similar to the night sky. We saw the very bright solar corona and the bright planet Venus in that area of the sky. The streetlights on my corner came on and birds acted oddly. The temperature dropped significantly during totality. My friends were very happy they had driven two days to see my new house and the eclipse!

See my photos here: N5BB 2024 total solar eclipse in Dallas TX area

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote