EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 6 Oct 2016, 01:13 AM   #16
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
There is now ALWM (AfterLogic) interface in place of OWM. Tried is briefly; I'll stick to Horde unless somebody tells me what's so wonderful in ALWM.
OWM is back on the interface. AWLM is (temporary?) removed.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2016, 02:27 AM   #17
fabule
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
eumx.net
Hi,

We had multiple hard drive failures during the night. It could be caused by a firmware bug. We are still investigating. Despite of RAID level we use, some of our services suffered huge downtime and database corruptions. Legacy mail services were not directly affected, but AfterLogic Webmail and Group Office became unavailable due to SQL cluster corruption. Restoring services are still in progress. At this moment legacy EUMX services are all up and running, but we are still recovering part of our infrastructure.
fabule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2016, 03:42 AM   #18
curtiscarmack

How do I tell if I'm on Legacy or New Infrastructure?

I haven't been able to access my email for 3 days now. Anyone know how to tell if you're on Legacy or New Infrastructure? If I'm on New, I can understand still not having access. Anyone else still unable to access mail? Any available workarounds? To be clear, neither IMAP access using a client nor webmail work for me.
curtiscarmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2016, 05:36 AM   #19
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiscarmack View Post
Anyone else still unable to access mail? Any available workarounds? To be clear, neither IMAP access using a client nor webmail work for me.
For me, the OWM webmail interface is still available (at least until October 15, when the notice says it will be decommissioned, but they postponed doing that once, and maybe in view of the current problems they'll postpone it again). Try https://ssl.eumx.net/cgi-bin/owm3b4/openwebmail.pl
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2016, 06:01 AM   #20
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Horde is also doing fine, don't know/care whether it is on the old infrastructure or new one.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2016, 07:21 AM   #21
curtiscarmack

How do I access Horde?

When I use the secure.eumx.net URL to log in, it takes me straight to AfterLogic. Any hints on how to use Horde instead? I've tried ssl.eumx.net, but it does not recognize my user credentials.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 07:50 AM   #22
Bob D

EuMX.net
When at the login page, you'll see:
ALWM - Horde - RoundCube - GO - Squirrelmail in the header.
Opt for whichever you want.
Bob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2016, 04:12 PM   #23
soromak

Quote:
When I use the secure.eumx.net URL to log in, it takes me straight to AfterLogic. Any hints on how to use Horde instead? I've tried ssl.eumx.net, but it does not recognize my user credentials.
You should not use secure.eumx.net, unless you are one of the beta users of a new platform with georeplication and new control panel etc., where AfterLogic is an only available webmail at the moment.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2016, 10:17 PM   #24
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Squirrel mail is working for me now
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2016, 11:11 PM   #25
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Any idea when domain hosting will be back up as my account is down at the moment.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2016, 12:23 PM   #26
curtiscarmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
You should not use secure.eumx.net, unless you are one of the beta users of a new platform with georeplication and new control panel etc., where AfterLogic is an only available webmail at the moment.
Sadly I guess that means I'm a beta user and I'm toast. I have not been able to access mail since last Tuesday and I cannot seem to set up a forward. I guess I'll have to move my account to another service and lose those 5 days worth of mail . . . [sigh]
Old 10 Oct 2016, 01:42 PM   #27
soromak

Quote:
Sadly I guess that means I'm a beta user and I'm toast. I have not been able to access mail since last Tuesday and I cannot seem to set up a forward. I guess I'll have to move my account to another service and lose those 5 days worth of mail . . . [sigh]
If you were granted beta access then you would know that you should send e-mail to EuMX support rather than waiting for an answer hear. I also doubt if they put you on beta without a warning not to use this system to production mail. Have you been using ISPConfig control panel to configure your domain(s)? If no, then you are not on beta of a new platform.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2016, 05:16 PM   #28
17pm

Quote:
Have you tried contacting support? I know it's always the same person answering (Rufolf?) but he seems to reply quite fast. I don't know why you're wasting your time here instead of contacting him directly.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2016, 09:52 PM   #29
curtiscarmack

I have contacted support twice during this period

But so far no answer. I am assuming Rudolf has his hands more than full.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 09:56 PM   #30
curtiscarmack

Yes, I'm on the new platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
If you were granted beta access then you would know that you should send e-mail to EuMX support rather than waiting for an answer hear. I also doubt if they put you on beta without a warning not to use this system to production mail. Have you been using ISPConfig control panel to configure your domain(s)? If no, then you are not on beta of a new platform.
I can see now that I am on the new platform. When I signed up, I was told that it would be the main platform within 30-60 days (that was well over 10 months ago). I spent the first 2 months testing, and all seemed to be well. My mistake for assuming it was out of testing.