EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Feb 2005, 06:26 AM   #1
ROBERT.BAK
Essential Contributor

Exclamation FAO Kurian: False and malicious "abuse" report

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...74f%38ffe94c3c

It appears that you've LARTed the wrong person; in the above, the spammer is not Jon Wilde but fukat (fukatmeprakat@yahoo.com), someone who's been spamming NANAE because of being the victim of a SPEWS blockage, in the common false beliefs that (1) NANAE=SPEWS and (2) irritating the denizens of NANAE with a massive flood of spam will somehow get the block removed (it wouldn't even if NANAE were SPEWS)...

(umpteenth edit:  try as I might, I just cannot get the above overlong URL to work in vBulletin; perhaps this one will.  If not, look for the "Fukat reported me to my ISP!!!" thread on NANAE...)

Last edited by ROBERT.BAK : 3 Feb 2005 at 11:05 PM.
ROBERT.BAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Feb 2005, 07:16 AM   #2
LazyGun

Thanks Rob.

I've already replied to Kurians LART to me about it, and to his great credit, he replied immediately.

It not obvious from the headers that they've been edited because Fukat left all the code intact. Only the email and subject fields were changed.

Fukat's done this to quite a few people it seems.

Rob, Kurian and Fastmail in general, I still say Excellent Service.
EVERY time I send a mail to webmaster AT fastmail, someone gets back with a decent response in a decent time. Worth every €.

PS.
Bharti ATgreylines.net isn't actually fukatmeprakat@yahoo.com.
When I lart someone (in this case Bharti.com, Fukats ISP, I give them a unique addy at my domain (greylines.net). Makes blocking much easier.
LazyGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2005, 11:07 PM   #3
ROBERT.BAK
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by LazyGun
PS.
Bharti ATgreylines.net isn't actually fukatmeprakat@yahoo.com.
When I lart someone (in this case Bharti.com, Fukats ISP, I give them a unique addy at my domain (greylines.net). Makes blocking much easier.
Oops... I should have realised that the luser in question would do a scumbag trick like that, given that he's so dumb as to believe that a spam block can be removed by more spamming (rather like trying to put out a fire by throwing high-octane aviation fuel on it)...
Old 3 Feb 2005, 11:27 PM   #4
Daniel S

Re: FAO Kurian: False and malicious "abuse" report

Robert, is this the link?

http://groups-beta.google.com/gr...;d74f8ffe94c3c
Old 3 Feb 2005, 11:58 PM   #5
ROBERT.BAK
Essential Contributor

^ It is indeed...

Even when I escaped several characters in the original URL (changing "/" to "%2f" and inserting "%3" before digits), vBulletin still kept inserting spurious "%20" (space) characters and "<br />" tags...
Old 4 Feb 2005, 01:50 AM   #6
kurianja
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Sorry guys. I got that one wrong. :O Unfortunately, it wasn't quite obvious from the headers - the headers were forged!

And thanks Robert!
kurianja is offline   Reply With Quote