EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 6 Dec 2004, 11:27 PM   #31
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Re: Sorry my english is confusing

Quote:
Originally posted by fmnewbee

So I am no dependent on getting the 250. My yahoo have 250 now so that worked. to give Sweden as my true address.

Trew De Swed.

If hotmail do upgrade, they will be as good as Yahoo.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:04 AM   #32
chetanthaker

Confusion

Hello fellow emaildiscussioners.

Well, I'm sorry that this trick did not work for you,

whereas the idea that I got from (some other board), People HAVE PM'ed me saying that the trick worked.

FYI, i check my hotmail like 8-10 times a day (YEAH, I dun got nthing much to do all day )

Hope it works out for y'all

If the thread is closed, it will be very well justified.

Thanx and P E A C E !

CeeTee
chetanthaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:08 AM   #33
Daniel S

Re[5]: What worked is that the originator get feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by xmailer
Since it's now December 6th, and my mailbox still appears to be only 2MB, perhaps I can assume that they simply forgot to tell me that I would only receive this increase if I move to a different country by the end of November?
Perhaps they just forgot to update the "quota used" percentage on their Webmail?
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:12 AM   #34
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Re: Re[5]: What worked is that the originator get feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel S
Perhaps they just forgot to update the "quota used" bar on their Webmail?
What's the use of an updated quota bar without the storage?
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:18 AM   #35
Daniel S

Re: Re: Re[5]: What worked is that the originator get feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by Killer
What's the use of an updated quota bar without the storage?
Updated quota bar with old storage isn't useful...old (2MB) quota bar with new storage (250MB) is (well, it would be useful with many providers, but not at Hotmail).
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:30 AM   #36
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Re: Re[5]: What worked is that the originator get feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel S
Perhaps they just forgot to update the "quota used" percentage on their Webmail?
That's a possibility which hadn't occurred to me, although I can't think of any way to test it other than by attempting to send myself over 2MB of messages, as there are presently only 2 messages in my box, both from MS, with the "usage" bar showing that I'm using 1% of 2MB -- with a link beneath it saying "Get Hotmail Plus".

But I can't say I'm really all that anxious about it, and in any case, if I actually did have any use for a 250MB hotmail box, all my other hotmail accounts, which I've opened at different times for various purposes, already have the increase.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 12:18 PM   #37
iceshake

This method makes your inbox 25 mb at the first step and in a month or so, it's supposed to become 250 mb. So here's the step-by-step procedure for the - well, not anymore - unlucky non-US hotmail users:

1. Sign in to your hotmail account and change your personal profile in the Options as following:

State: Florida (choose another state if you want - http://www.50states.com/)
Zip Code: 33332 (choose another zip code if you want. -
http://www.downloadzipcode.com/)

Needless to say, you need to enter the zip code that belongs to the state you've chosen.

2. Then get to the Language options and make it English if it's not.

3. If you don't want to lose your Inbox, click Put in folder. From the menu, choose New Folder. Create your new folder and go back to your Inbox. Select the emails that you do not lose and click Put in folder once more. Choose the folder you have just created and the emails you have chosen will be moved to that folder. You can move them to your Inbox again later by the same method.

4. Before signing out, paste the link below into the address bar and click "Close my account". Thus your account will be deactivated.

http://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/...n/Accountclose

Pls right click to see the full path -->by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/Accountclose

5. Now visit the address http://www.hotmail.com again. Enter your username and password. The activation page will load. Activate your mail account.

6. You're done ! Now your mail account capacity has grown to 25 MB and in a month or so it will be 250 MB. Enjoy your "enlarged" hotmail account!

Happy Upgrading and Merry Xmas !!!!
iceshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 12:21 PM   #38
iceshake

Want to make your hotmail 25MB then 250MB?

Adapted in part from gmail forums.

This method makes your inbox 25 mb at the first step and in a month or so, it's supposed to become 250 mb. So here's the step-by-step procedure for the - well, not anymore - unlucky non-US hotmail users:
1. Sign in to your hotmail account and change your personal profile in the Options as following:

State: Florida (choose another state if you want - http://www.50states.com/)
Zip Code: 33332 (choose another zip code if you want. -
http://www.downloadzipcode.com/)

Needless to say, you need to enter the zip code that belongs to the state you've chosen.

2. Then get to the Language options and make it English if it's not.

3. If you don't want to lose your Inbox, click Put in folder. From the menu, choose New Folder. Create your new folder and go back to your Inbox. Select the emails that you do not lose and click Put in folder once more. Choose the folder you have just created and the emails you have chosen will be moved to that folder. You can move them to your Inbox again later by the same method.

4. Before signing out, paste the link below into the address bar and click "Close my account". Thus your account will be deactivated.

http://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/...n/Accountclose

Pls right click to see the full path -->by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/Accountclose

5. Now visit the address http://www.hotmail.com again. Enter your username and password. The activation page will load. Activate your mail account.

6. You're done ! Now your mail account capacity has grown to 25 MB and in a month or so it will be 250 MB. Enjoy your "enlarged" hotmail account!

It worked for me and hopefully it works for you. Happy Upgrading and Merry Xmas !!!!
iceshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 01:41 PM   #39
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I hope your method may help someone, if there's really anyone left who thinks they actually need a 250MB hotmail box for something and doesn't yet have one.

However, shortly after this thread was active, as an experiment, I went to my profile for my only hotmail account which hadn't yet received the 250MB upgrade and changed my name. That's all. And, a couple days later, I found that my hotmail box had finally been increased to 250MB.

Of course, I can't actually prove the connection between changing my name and receiving this upgrade. But AFAIK no one can disprove it either.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 02:12 PM   #40
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
I got my 250mb. However they have a notice that says you have to wait 30days for the system to upgrade you.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 02:19 PM   #41
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
I believe a user have to wait 30days. I saw the notice when I got the upgrade myself. Nothing about changing location and stuffs.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 03:32 PM   #42
euroman

Why bother when there's so many other decent email providers about!
euroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 07:58 PM   #43
suzi

I think it's a lot of effort when eventually Hotmail will increase everyone to 250Mb. I've been increased, but a friend of mine is still waiting - it's probably random as neither of us live in the US, and neither of us has altered our account in any way. Just wait, and you'll be rewarded.
suzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 08:43 PM   #44
Zoo

What an absurd discussion seeing there are better providers than hotmial anyway!
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2004, 09:18 PM   #45
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoo
What an absurd discussion seeing there are better providers than hotmial anyway!
Absurd it maybe but there are just many many people that only knows hotmail and yahoo.