EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Sep 2018, 08:42 AM   #1
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Calendar email notifications

Calendar event email notifications are not working for me. I have created a support request ticket, but I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Sep 2018, 11:34 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

The Fastmail calendar email notices are working fine for me. I received the most recent ones 90 and 150 minutes ago. I also received them yesterday and the day before yesterday. Be sure you don't have any filing or reject rules affecting these messages. They are whitelisted automatically so should not be in your spam folder unless you have a custom rule which forces this.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Sep 2018, 11:45 AM   #3
somdcomputerguy

Thanks Bill, I will check my rules. Thing is, they were working fine a few months ago, and I spent that time checking things to see why they weren't anymore. It could very well be a problem on my side though..

- Bruce
Old 3 Sep 2018, 12:11 PM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Searching for calendar reminder messages

Bruce, since Aug 1 I have received 46 such notification messages. I see no issues at all with their arrival as I look back through them in my Trash folder (since I delete them after the event). You can find all such calendar reminder (and renewal reminder) messages (except those in the Spam or Trash folders) using the following search in All Mail:

After such a search you can change the search results folder at the top to Trash to see any messages in that folder. I hope you discover that it's just a Sieve rule problem. Here are a few selected headers in these notices:
Code:
Return-Path: <bounce@messagingengine.com> 
X-Spam-known-sender: yes ("The FastMail Team"); in-addressbook, trusted-sender; 
X-Spam-score: 0.0 
X-Spam-hits: ALL_TRUSTED -1, BAYES_00 -1.9, HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS 0.25,   ME_BETA_RULES 0.01, SPF_PASS -0.001, LANGUAGES unknown, BAYES_USED user, SA_VERSION 3.4.0 
X-Spam-source: IP='Unknown', Host='unk', Country='unk', FromHeader='com', MailFrom='com' 
X-Mail-from: bounce@messagingengine.com
Errors-To: bounce@messagingengine.com 
X-Mailer: MessagingEngine.com Internal Interface 
Reply-To: support@fastmail.com 
Subject: Reminder: *******
Bill

Last edited by n5bb : 3 Sep 2018 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added example headers
Old 3 Sep 2018, 12:13 PM   #5
somdcomputerguy

I was only checking the organize rules and not the sieve code itself. Turns out I was having the messages moved to a sub-folder and being marked as read. I have already closed the ticket. Thanks for the kick Bill.

- Bruce
Old 3 Sep 2018, 12:21 PM   #6
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm glad it was a quick fix, Bruce. My last post update crossed your response. I added some typical headers in case anyone else needs to check their rules.

Bill
Old 3 Sep 2018, 12:27 PM   #7
somdcomputerguy

I had created a rule to move the Fastmail blog messages into their own folder, and due to my not adding specific enough conditions, calendar email notifications were included..

Thanks again Bill.

- Bruce