EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 11 Feb 2021, 05:06 PM   #1
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Yahoo! Mail starting to implement OAUTH2

I couldn't find the thread on this topic. I do remember this being a discussion and that Yahoo! Mail set a deadline implementation date in which all third party email clients would cease working with Yahoo! Mail unless the client supports OAUTH2. That date came and went, nothing happened. Fast forward to now.

I have three Yahoo! Mail accounts, two (POP3) are mine, the third (IMAP) is organizational. About a week ago I was not able to log in via my 3rd party email client (Claws-Mail) to my primary Yahoo! Mail account. I was able to log in via web interface. Today this happened with my organizational account. One account left to go I guess.

Here is the fix: Generate and manage third-party app passwords

FYI: Claws Mail currently does not support OAUTH2, there is a patch available for the current version (3.17.8). I am using a beta version 3.99.0 which is now support GTK3 but not OAUTH2.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote