EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 22 May 2003, 02:23 AM   #1
admiralu
Essential Contributor

Angry MSN Calendar

Posted in my Hotmail account.

Quote:
We regret to inform you that MSN Calendar will no longer be available as a free service as of June 25, 2003.
This will not impact the Hotmail accounts. The Calendar will only be available through MSN 8! They couldn't even put this in the extra storage account. This was my favorite Calendar, too!!
admiralu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 May 2003, 05:17 AM   #2
Gankaku

Here's a
newslink
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2003, 12:51 PM   #3
CelticBlackCat
Essential Contributor

Thanks for the info and the link to the article, admiralu and Gankaku. Why don't you switch over to the Yahoo! Calendar? I did when Hotmail discontinued their Reminders. It is a good calendar and works well. You can have reminders sent to you via email and/or to your Yahoo! Messenger, which has an alert box with sound effects pop up on your pc if you're online at the time.

Just a suggestion!
CelticBlackCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2003, 09:59 PM   #4
Gankaku

I agree. Yahoo's is most comparable. Even though Yahoo gets a lot of bashing here they do have a good calendar/address book/notepad......etc.
Old 22 May 2003, 11:57 PM   #5
CelticBlackCat
Essential Contributor

I agree with that too Gankaku. The only thing I don't like about Yahoo! is the spam problem. I hope Yahoo! doesn't go the way of Hotmail and cut down on their free services.
Old 23 May 2003, 12:02 AM   #6
DBH

I guess you have to get lucky...I did with my Yahoo accounts. I don't get any spam!! (knocks on wood)

Dave
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2003, 02:21 AM   #7
admiralu
Essential Contributor

Cool MSN Favorite

MSN was my favorite Calendar. It was a feature rich service with excellent graphics. I just don't like Yahoo's Calendar interface. I wound up opting for My Way's new Calendar feature. If anyone wants to recommend a good comparable one, feel free. I don't feel Yahoo offered enough features that Hotmail's had. I particularly loved the Reminders features along with its extended date and repeat settings.
admiralu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2003, 08:57 AM   #8
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

Look what I get when I try to access it:
Quote:
Thank you for visiting MSN Calendar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important: We are sorry to inform you that MSN Calendar is no longer available in your location. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Help
Just when you think it can't get worse
Adam Lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2003, 09:22 AM   #9
CelticBlackCat
Essential Contributor

What MSN should have said:

"Thank you ever so much for visiting a feature you used to depend on but which we no longer provide. We sincerely hope your frustration level, on a scale of 1 to 10, was merely at the 1 to 2 level, and didn't exceed your usual disappointment at the way our service has been treating our faithful customers lately.

Cheers from your friends at MSN."

I guess those of you in England got the shaft a bit earlier than the June 25th deadline advertised in the U.S.

Old 12 Jun 2003, 09:54 AM   #10
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Re: MSN Calendar

Quote:
Originally posted by admiralu
Posted in my Hotmail account.

This will not impact the Hotmail accounts. The Calendar will only be available through MSN 8! They couldn't even put this in the extra storage account. This was my favorite Calendar, too!!
I have bought the extra storage and the calendar is gone? I loved the Hotmail calendar. Im not planning on Signing up with MSN 8 for the calendar, but suprised paying the extra cash doesnt get me the calendar.

Spin
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2003, 02:04 PM   #11
CelticBlackCat
Essential Contributor

Hi Spin,

I think that's rotten too, even though I only have a free Hotmail account. MSN is obviously pushing their internet connection MSN 8 very hard.

The Yahoo! calendar is very good, though! And it's free!
Old 12 Jun 2003, 10:50 PM   #12
Gankaku

BTW MyWay's calendar is pretty good too!
Old 13 Jun 2003, 07:45 AM   #13
ibcsweb
Cornerstone of the Community

Myway

Just signed up for a myway account. Looks ok. Yahooesk without the intrusive ads.
ibcsweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2003, 09:00 AM   #14
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

MyWay has a nice set up. I like yahoo's interface more. And I like yahoo's calendar, more then MyWays. I think myways is still in beta version though. Yahoo's ads dont bug me. Its nice MyWay has none though.

Spin
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2003, 11:03 AM   #15
Gankaku

With myway I can't get tvreminders to work (sending me a reminder email). I have a support question in to them (they've been very responsive about it) and we'll see what happens. The calendar reminders that one enters do work though.