EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Jun 2017, 03:42 PM   #1
evilquoll

Exclamation Trial account should be renamed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zsPJ4FBKI

The above video is called "World Best 12 Free Email Service Provider", and Fastmail is on the list. I think that, at the very least, the word "free" should be removed from the signup page, so as to avoid giving the wrong impression. (Maybe, also, the trial should be reduced from 30 days to 7?)

In the meantime, perhaps that video neds more downvotes...
evilquoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Jun 2017, 02:34 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I have two comments:
  • There are many things you can find on the internet which I would recommend that we all should ignore. That link you gave is one of them, as all it shows about Fastmail is a video screen capture showing scrolling through the old trial signup (with obsolete plans shown). There are many many other YouTube pages which mention Fastmail, and I hope we won't have a post here about every one of them! That's just my friendly suggestion.
  • There are 8 uses of "free" on the https://www.fastmail.com/signup/ page. I can't see how removing that word helps to understand the trial account and it's cost. There are a very large number of services which offer free trials, and in my experience they either use the term "free" or "no cost". The Fastmail signup page clearly describes the free trial account, and I don't see any possibility of confusion (at least for a speaker of the English language).
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote