EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Dec 2002, 04:43 PM   #1
DaveHanson

DAV/file storage anytime soon?

Just wondering if there's been any new word on the ETA for this service for Full/Enh memberships? Trying to decide whether to wait or investigate other alternatives...TIA, Dave
DaveHanson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Dec 2002, 06:07 PM   #2
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

There's no ETA. However we now have a full-time web interface developer again (hi Nico!) so the Coming Enhancements page will get smaller faster...

I'd be surprised if we didn't at least have bits of the file storage stuff ready within a couple of months. Public access to these files will take a while, but private access shouldn't be too big a job.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2002, 11:18 PM   #3
lmg

I don't know what DAV is. Can you point me to a reference?

Two things that I think would be useful:[list=1][*]The ability to access the online storage as a web folder.[*]Taking the storage from the mail storage limit, e.g., make the Enhanced limit of 150Mb apply to mail + storage.[/list=1] I've heard that you don't want to do the latter, that is, there would be a separate storage limit of, say, 50Mb, separate from the mail storage, but I don't know the reason. Just curious.
lmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Dec 2002, 12:02 AM   #4
Tango
Cornerstone of the Community

You've kind of answered your own question...DAV (distributed authoring and versioning) is an extension to HTTP which lets you access and synchronise your internet files via Web Folders in Windows Explorer...

Last edited by Tango : 9 Dec 2002 at 12:07 AM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote