EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 9 Nov 2015, 11:06 AM   #1
MichaelH

MyWay.com Shutting Down

I went to check my MyWay.com email earlier today and saw they have a big yellow banner across the top of their pages (home page and email login page), stating they are shutting down the MyWay website. It will remain up until December 5.

Anybody know more about this?
They sure aren't giving users much notice; four weeks isn't long.
They have provided a redirect URL for members of their email service, but logging in through that page doesn't work for me. Even if they do get it working, I wonder how long the email service will continue once the rest of the website has been taken down.

This is bad news for me. I have been using the service for many years. It is nice and easy, and with no ads. I am sorry to see them go. Dang! Another one bites the dust.
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Nov 2015, 04:32 PM   #2
Just Bill

As far as email services go, they were pretty much stuck in the 90's. They probably need to shut down.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2015, 01:39 AM   #3
MichaelH

I liked it.

And, so far, I haven't seen any indication that other Excite-affiliated sites are affected. I wonder why just this one?
Old 10 Nov 2015, 05:46 PM   #4
marktalinn

Great modern alternative for Myway.com

I am also using Myway.com and I have been looking for a good alternative. I have now found https://start.me to be the best replacement for MyWay. It actually works a lot better than MyWay.
marktalinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2015, 01:54 AM   #5
Ep256nolsjit

Thanks for the information so I can log in and check on any recent emails.

Using dial-up, it would often hang half way through the progress bar after log in, and just to get to the email log in section was a round about way of doing it, first having to sign in to myway personal news page. I did like the ad-free feature once I logged in to my email account.
Ep256nolsjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2015, 02:00 AM   #6
MichaelH

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktalinn View Post
I am also using Myway.com and I have been looking for a good alternative. I have now found https://start.me to be the best replacement for MyWay. It actually works a lot better than MyWay.
I went to check it out. It does look pretty slick; nice way to gather together your favorite pages. But I didn't see any reference to an email service. Or am I missing something?
Old 2 Dec 2015, 10:24 PM   #7
FMGSilver

Not exactly shutting down

This is the message I see:

After many years, the MyWay website will be getting an upgrade. The current site will be available until the end of day, December 5th, 2015. The new site will debut in the near future.

If you're a MyWay email accountholder, you will still be able to access your email by logging in through the following URL: http://my.myway.com/email_redir.jsp. Please update your bookmarks accordingly.

Thank you for your years of loyalty using MyWay!

Now I do know that sometimes, when e-mail services revamp, e-mails can be affected. Personally, I'd use an alternate service until MyWay is finally finished if receiving a particular e-mail is extremely important, just in case. But I managed to get into my e-mail service today using the alternate URL just fine.
FMGSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 2015, 09:20 PM   #8
mf1941
Essential Contributor

Myway email is/was hosted by Blue Tie, a seperate email hosting company.

Myway is owned by IAC Media which is a huge outfit with a lot of money.

I would tend to believe their statement about upgrading & releasing a new & shinier product.
mf1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2015, 05:20 PM   #9
Greensky

It's been working normally so far
Greensky is offline   Reply With Quote