EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Dec 2014, 02:41 PM   #1
exactus

Swapping two fastmail.com aliases

If a user had two enhanced accounts, and each account had a fastmail.com alias,
would it be possible to swap the aliases between the two accounts?

i.e if I deleted the alias in each account, then immediately went into the first account and requested
my required alias, then repeated the process with the other account would this work OK?

Apart from the very small chance of someone grabbing my alias in the time window that they were
technically available, is there any other potential dangers? (when you delete an alias, does it
become available immediately?)

Last edited by exactus : 26 Dec 2014 at 05:07 PM.
exactus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Dec 2014, 03:10 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I think this should work. I just tested moving a different Fastmail domain alias between accounts, and the deleted alias was available immediately at the other account. But remember that at this time you can only have one alias in each account at the fastmail.com domain. So, as you suggested, you would need to delete the aliases at both accounts before adding any new fastmail.com alias. Also remember the other limits on alias names, length, and numbers of aliases allowed for each account type. So, for example, a Lite account can only have aliases which use the account username at up to two additional domains:
https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/limits.html

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote