EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 25 Aug 2005, 09:11 PM   #1
aga

Runbox and PDA

Does anyone use the Runbox account with a PDA? I tried connecting using IMAP and POP3 but I have some issues.
1. With IMAP, when the Runbox Inbox has many messages it takes a long time to connect and update my PDA
2. The SMTP sent emails are not stored in the Sent Items of Runbox and therefore during the next IMAP connection they get deleted from my PDA as well.

Does anyone have any TIPS or HINTS?
aga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Aug 2005, 02:26 AM   #2
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Welcome to the forum "aga".

I use IMAP from time to time but not with a PDA. From my desktop system and a cable internet connection I haven't really noticed any slowness with IMAP but I don't have a lot to compare it with.

As for SMTP, it will not automatically save a copy of a sent message to your sent folder when using a client program. You have to do this yourself. Some IMAP clients will let you setup saving to a server "Sent" folder too. Another way would be to always send yourself a copy (e.g. BCC yourself).

If you're using the web interface you can automatically save sent messages to the "Sent" folder on a folder by folder basis (refer to the help section on Folder Preferences).

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2005, 03:04 AM   #3
Ryanp

I have used runbox with a Kyocera 7135 running Snappermail, which supports IMAP. I don't remember a problem with losing sent emails (having them sync up with the runbox server was the reason I used Snappermail to begin with). You may want to experiment with different IMAP clients on your pda, as some are more reliable than others. You also should check all the settings on your PDA client to make sure it's set to sync the sent folder.
Ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote