EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Jun 2019, 06:12 AM   #1
Walter Eagle

No access to GMail via FastMail soon ... ?

Hi

I just received an email from Google (which looks entirely credible and legit) saying -

"we wanted to let you know that the following apps may no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content. If these apps are unable to meet the deadline to comply with our updated data policy requirements, they'll lose access to your Account starting July 15th, 2019.

FastMail
"

Has anyone else seen this, and is it a serious concern? Does FastMail already meet Google's standards and is this just a general 'be aware' rather than an end-of-access warning?

Regards

Walter
Walter Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Jun 2019, 07:15 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Eagle View Post
Has anyone else seen this, and is it a serious concern? Does FastMail already meet Google's standards and is this just a general 'be aware' rather than an end-of-access warning?
Also here. What I’ve read on Twitter, they are working on it.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2019, 07:17 AM   #3
Wilt

From support:

Quote:
Google has recently made some changes to tighten up their API security. As a part of that process, they are requiring that all third party applications and services requesting access to Google data go through a re-verification process.

We recognize that this message is concerning. I can assure you that our developers are aware of this issue and are working to address it immediately. Fastmail is already in the process of getting re-verified, so we do not anticipate any disruption in our access to your Google data.
Wilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2019, 04:57 PM   #4
Walter Eagle

Thanks Berenburger and Wilt - you're obviously better informed and more up to date than I am.

Walter.
Walter Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote