EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 9 Apr 2008, 03:59 AM   #1
imprator

Auto mail retrieval from POP3 accounts STILL not working

Like the other poster on this subject, my POP3 auto-retrieval is not working. Retrieval works if I manually click on the Retrieve POP button, but auto-retrieve (which I have set to 10 minutes) isn't operative.

The Manager screen reports my last successful retrieval as yesterday at 19:24, although I have auto-retrieved email in my inbox timestamped up to midnight yesterday. Nothing since (other than manually retrieved mail).

None of my settings have been changed since auto-retrieve last operated correctly.

The auto-retrieve function is very important to me as one of the auto-retrieve accounts has a very limited capacity which will be quickly exceeded if mail is not frequently downloaded and cleared from the account.

Please advise.

Thanks.
imprator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Apr 2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Our apologies -- we're working to restore full functionality and we expect retrieve operations to normalize within hours.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Ian Kenefick

Auto Retrieve still down!

Until I read this thread I was in the dark as to when the Auto Retrieval functionality would be restored.

Runbox MUST do a MUCH better job at letting customers know when a service outage occurs. We rely heavily on email for our business and when it doesn't go smoothly we loose business. This is the first interruption we've experienced so it's not really a major issue - partially since one of our guys noticed it was strange that we hadn't received email before opening of business.

May I suggest that an eMail is sent to customers announcing potential service interruptions?

Regards, Ian Kenefick

[Mod:] Company name removed as per the forum rules.
Rule E) No signatures [except optionally your name]

Last edited by Sherry : 10 Apr 2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Still no auto retreive
Ian Kenefick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2008, 09:48 PM   #4
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Looks like it may be working again.

My hourly HotMail retrieve started working again a couple of hours ago at 5:08am (Central Time) and successfully retrieved again at 6:08am and 7:10am.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2008, 04:40 AM   #5
Ian Kenefick

Works for us again.

Thanks
Ian Kenefick is offline   Reply With Quote