EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 6 Jul 2005, 07:57 AM   #1
imprator

Cannot delete or alter Retrieve settings

I have Runbox set to retrieve email from several POP3 servers.

One of these retrieval settings is no longer required. However, I cannot delete or alter this entry. All other POP3 retrieval settings can be altered or deleted at will, but this one is immovable.

There have been 201 failed attempts to retrieve email using the problem settings; I suspect that this is the cause of the problem.

Does anyone know what I can do to correct this situation - or is it a job for Runbox support?

Thanks.
imprator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Jul 2005, 08:23 AM   #2
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi,

You can send your username to support, and we will look into it for you.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jul 2005, 11:52 PM   #3
marc_otten
Master of the @

Re: Cannot delete or alter Retrieve settings

Quote:
Originally posted by imprator
I have Runbox set to retrieve email from several POP3 servers.

One of these retrieval settings is no longer required. However, I cannot delete or alter this entry. All other POP3 retrieval settings can be altered or deleted at will, but this one is immovable.

There have been 201 failed attempts to retrieve email using the problem settings; I suspect that this is the cause of the problem.

Does anyone know what I can do to correct this situation - or is it a job for Runbox support?

Thanks.
Did you configure a filter to move messages from the specific POP-account to another folder. Perhaps that blocks the deletion of the retrieval-settings...

--Marc
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2005, 01:39 AM   #4
imprator

Re: Re: Cannot delete or alter Retrieve settings

Quote:
Originally posted by marc_otten
Did you configure a filter to move messages from the specific POP-account to another folder. Perhaps that blocks the deletion of the retrieval-settings...

--Marc
Thanks for that - sounds like a good idea.

Yes, I did have a filter to move email to a specific folder if it was addressed to the problem POP account. I have tried deleting the filter but the problem remains. Still, now that you have mentioned it, I suspect that the filter contributed to causing the problem.

I have now emailed support, as suggested above, but if anyone has any further suggestions I would welcome them.
imprator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2005, 02:26 AM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
As far as I know filters will only prevent you from deleting folders if a filter is defined to move messages to that folder.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2005, 03:03 AM   #6
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
That is correct, yes.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2005, 03:31 AM   #7
marc_otten
Master of the @

Re: Re: Re: Cannot delete or alter Retrieve settings

Quote:
Originally posted by imprator
<SNIP>Yes, I did have a filter to move email to a specific folder if it was addressed to the problem POP account. I have tried deleting the filter but the problem remains. Still, now that you have mentioned it, I suspect that the filter contributed to causing the problem.</SNIP>
Hmm...I tested this myself and I have to conclude that this indeed doesn't fix the problem. Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

--Marc
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote