EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 9 Nov 2019, 12:38 AM   #1
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

odd Gmail logout message

For the last couple of days, whenever I log out (or try to log out) of a Gmail account, a picture of a distressed and dismembered and puzzled-looking robot appears, along with the message "500. That’s an error. There was an error. Please try again later. That’s all we know."

I then reset and relaunch the browser in lieu of completing the logout and proceed on my way, and no harm appears to have been done, but it is puzzling, and slightly disturbing in view of Gmail's vaunted stability.

Does anyone know what this means or why it is appearing?
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Nov 2019, 06:30 AM   #2
communicant

It briefly returned to normal, but now when I click "sign out" a message says

500. That’s an error.
There was an error. Please try again later. That’s all we know.

What is going on with Gmail, does anyone know? And are others experiencing this phenomenon?
Old 9 Nov 2019, 07:11 PM   #3
communicant

Well, the phenomenon has just occurred again, five minutes ago. The cartoon robot is looking very unhappy. Does this betoken some malfunction at Gmail, or can it safely be ignored as long as mail is flowing in and out (which so far seems to be the case)?

But what has happened to EMD? Not a single comment or helpful reply to a thread and query regarding an anomaly at the largest email provider on the planet (if I am correct that Gmail is that)? Is EMD no longer the place to go to ask if anyone else is experiencing the same difficulty or to seek an explanation? (Or perhaps everyone else here has decided to join a certain member who shall be nameless and put me on the 'ignore' list, so my queries have gone unread -- Including, therefore, this one, of course?)

Even without such a pessimistic and unlikely flight of fancy, It is very dispiriting. I am both surprised and disappointed.

Last edited by communicant : 10 Nov 2019 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 04:44 PM   #4
EricG
Essential Contributor

I googled the error and found no solutions. Like this one at Google. Pretty bad when they can't help business users!
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2019, 10:16 PM   #5
Brun4

I've had similar problems, the best thing is to contact Google business support and have them solve it as soon as possible.I hope they help you quickly.
Brun4 is offline   Reply With Quote