EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

View Poll Results: Please rate UES
the best email service ever 0 0%
it's ok, but could be better 1 4.76%
there are some problems, but the service is still good 4 19.05%
extremly poor 16 76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jun 2005, 10:44 AM   #16
davy51
Master of the @

alexu2000 maybe we should check out some romanian mail services

maybe check a few other forums and find out how many other services have a bad record

maybe a topic of the worst email services

how many could there be

its better to offer help than condem a service because its had a lot of problems
davy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 11:03 AM   #17
alexu2000
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by davy51
alexu2000 maybe we should check out some romanian mail services

maybe check a few other forums and find out how many other services have a bad record

maybe a topic of the worst email services

how many could there be

its better to offer help than condem a service because its had a lot of problems
I already did a review of important romanian email services, you can easely find it using the search function of this forum.

If you want to write a personal review regarding a specific romanian email service, be my guest.

I consider that an outside oppinion regarding a service who usualy promise a lot but doesn't keep their promises is also helping for those who are not experienced in email services and want to learn not only the beautiful parts but also the bad parts.

Shuting down users complains doesn't make your service better. Censorship doesn't modify the reality. What have you done in the last year full of complains? Nothing. The situation is the same from the user's point of view. Maybe you should make a change. You should start reviewing romanian email services or imporve UES or anything else you want. But do something about UES. Not just telling users to shut up. Please.
alexu2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 11:25 AM   #18
davy51
Master of the @

I dont remember ever telling anyone to shut up and i dont censure posts exept thos that use bad language and refuse to folow the rules

All i remember is trying to help all that i can

With the exception of those that disrupt the forum and had to ban them for not folowing the rule which is my job at the forum
Old 24 Jun 2005, 11:33 AM   #19
Javier
Master of the @

I agree you, Davy51. I think I am one of the most critics about UES at EMD and I have never been censored by you and/or any other one.

Yes, UES is working really bad and, as stated before (here and in another threads) I am not confident about the service (and being impossible to deactivate "Challenge response" makes me unusable the service).

BUT (and this is a very BUT), Davy51 have been allways very receptive about our critics and allways have seem very (and really) concerned about all the problems reported.

Frankly, if UES works someday as Davy51 does today, I will the first to migrate my account and use it (I hope that that day, "challenge response" will be optional ).
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 11:40 AM   #20
davy51
Master of the @

thank you javier
You are right i have never censored any post as long as it stays within the rules i dont believe in censorship

and the mods at ues do the best we can to help

I have never said the service was perfect it does have problems

admin works as hard as i do

We all at ues are working to make it better its just taking more time than any of us expected

we wont stop trying and sooner or later the service will work
Old 24 Jun 2005, 11:45 AM   #21
alexu2000

Quote:
I dont remember ever telling anyone to shut up and i dont censure posts exept thos that use bad language and refuse to folow the rules

All i remember is trying to help all that i can

With the exception of those that disrupt the forum and had to ban them for not folowing the rule which is my job at the forum
I was reffering at you, as in you, the UES representatives. For example, just a quick quote of UnitedEmail: "Well I think people need to quit complaining, were getting better but it takes time."; "Maybee you could be positve about the fact we have uptime. and were getting better, and its free, so I dont get paid enough to deal with 2 million complains in the middle of a move. K?"

You don't tell users who complain to shut up. You just discredit them. You make them look like people who are gelous about the UES "success" and try to sabotage it's image: "some are just trouble makers that want to break a service [...] They are not capable of running a service so they will do their best to put down a service [...] so they go from forum to forum doing their best to lie about anything they can"

In your view only those who run bigger services than UES should post their oppinion about UES? I run a private email service. Does this qualify me to say my oppinion?

Last edited by alexu2000 : 24 Jun 2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 11:54 AM   #22
davy51
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by alexu2000
I was reffering at you, as in you, the UES representatives. For example, just a quick quote of UnitedEmail: "Well I think people need to quit complaining, were getting better but it takes time."; "Maybee you could be positve about the fact we have uptime. and were getting better, and its free, so I dont get paid enough to deal with 2 million complains in the middle of a move.

You don't tell users to complain to shut up. You just discredit them. You make them look like people who are gelous about the UES and try to sabotage it's image: "some are just trouble makers that want to break a service [...] They are not capable of running a service so they will do their best to put down a service [...] so they go from forum to forum doing their best to lie about anything they can"

In your view only those who run bigger services than UES should post their oppinion about UES? I run a private email service. Does this qualify me to say my oppinion?

you are using two peoples statements here some mine some admins
you must decide who you want to quote

I take it you are refering to metart
should we ask him if he would like us to print his posts on ues here?

An opinion is one thing but an attack is another

I value constructive criticism but when it becomes nothin but a mud fight then i disregard things like this because it doesnt help anyone

Last edited by davy51 : 24 Jun 2005 at 11:59 AM.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 12:05 PM   #23
alexu2000

Quote:
An opinion is one thing but an attack is another

I value constructive criticism but when it becomes nothin but a mud fight then i disregaurd things like this because it doesnt help anyone
I am very sorry about the fact that you saw my post as an attack. It wasn't an attack, but it was a collection of facts that happened with UES.

It's not my fault that you had so many users complaining about UES service. It's not my fault that UES promised for so many times that things will improve and then it makes the worse mistake ever: outage of it's service because of domain registration problems.

It's not my fault that UES find the weak spots of it's own "body" only when bad things are happend. And it's not my fault that you are not happy when someone take the major ups and downs and put them together.

Can you give me an example of "positive complain" as UnitedEmail wants about UES? As far as I know, complain means "expressing feelings of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment". How could be those feelings positive?

In my oppinion, criticism could be constructive if the target of the criticism do something to improve. So this depends entirely of UES if the criticism is constructive or not. A lot of users criticised UES. It might be the time to make some improvements.

For me, a valuable service it's not necesary the one who's staff reply from the first moments to users who complain about problems. A valuable service is the one who experience the minimum number of problems possible.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 12:24 PM   #24
davy51
Master of the @

you are right people have complained about ues

just as they have complained about many services

you must get your facts organized before you make a complaint

im not in a battle of words here

Im here to try and help ues customers that use the email and are looking forward to it being a good service

I am not here to argue with you about things that happened in the past

admin has made posts about the facts as they are now

maybe if you looked in on ues forum you might find out whats going on

this forum is to help those customers that visit emd and as a convienance to those customers
Old 24 Jun 2005, 04:16 PM   #25
JeffK

Remember all. Objective criticism of any email service is within the rules of the forum. Please steer clear of any personal or impolite comment.

Regards,

JeffK
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 06:10 PM   #26
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Quote:
you are using two peoples statements here some mine some admins
you must decide who you want to quote
One cannot pin some other admin's word all at Davy51. Just because Davy51 is a rep doesn't mean he is the person to explain another admin's action. These posts onwards doesn't seems to be a thread about the service. Rather it seems to be something aiming at the the rep giving responses instead.

At least that is how I see it.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 08:17 PM   #27
alexu2000

I think it's the moment for all of us to return ontopic. This thread had 350 visits with only a few votings. If there's any other UES users around here, please vote.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 10:14 PM   #28
gunnarj
Essential Contributor

While davy51 is a terrific guy and a supportive one of UES, and very helpful (he has helped me quickly when needed) he is not one of the owners or operators of UES, and although his defense of the owner(s) of UES is commendable, it really should not fall on his shoulders to have to defend the indefensible.

Alexu2000 is in my view one of the best commentators on this forum, and he has had valid criticisms of various email services generally only when well deserved. When Alex posts a topic or starts a thread, I usually always agree with him and say 'finally, someone states what I've been thinking for a long time!"
This is indeed the case with UES. How many excuses do we need to hear before someone says, 'enough excuses, just give some quality service that lasts for longer than a couple of weeks'.

The best way that UES could combat the less than favourable general impression that users have of its service is to simply stay online and working for a long period of time. Then widespread criticism would wither on the vine.

Thanks to both Alexu2000 and davy51 for your different functions and for both of your points of view.

gj

Last edited by gunnarj : 24 Jun 2005 at 10:21 PM.
gunnarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 10:28 PM   #29
mf1941
Essential Contributor

I totally agree.

I don't even use UES but I find this dialogue both informative & enlightening & even sometimes entertaining.

Both of these folks are to be commended for their dedication,
through others' experiences everyone benefits....
mf1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 10:41 PM   #30
rbpickup
Master of the @

Representative of:
Truedomain.net
Davy51 has said in another post that he has actually taken over UES.

Robert
rbpickup is offline   Reply With Quote