EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 10 Feb 2009, 03:30 AM   #16
hirschma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPW View Post
been with Tuffmail for three years,first time I've had this issue too.
I'm another recent arrival, and this is making me very nervous - not just the downtime, the lack of communication.

It feels like they're dealing with something catastrophic.
hirschma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 03:50 AM   #17
Maupin

Wow, long time Tuffmail user and satisfied customer - I recommend them to everyone - and this is the first time I remember an outage.

I was able to login and get my mail a few hours ago (coincidentally about the time they mentioned things would be back up in the 40 minutes update), but only once. Every try since has failed.

Hope they get it fixed soon...
Maupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 03:51 AM   #18
Cobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirschma View Post
I'm another recent arrival, and this is making me very nervous - not just the downtime, the lack of communication.

It feels like they're dealing with something catastrophic.
I'm in agreement: The lack of communication gives the impression that the failure is massive, particularly when the status page said hours ago that a fix was to be in place in 40 minutes.

What I found was that POP via SSL became flaky last night, but functioned more often than it didn't. It seemed normal this morning between 7:15-8:00 a.m. ET, but by a little after 9 a.m., POP, webmail, the Tuffmail signup page -- everything was inaccessible for me.

Other than a tiny window of POP access probably around noon today, I've seen no sign of life.

I originally found Tuffmail through these forums, and have been very pleased with the service for the past few years, but would definitely appreciate anyone passing along any insight they might learn as to the source of and ETA for a cure of the current problems.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 03:51 AM   #19
pin
Essential Contributor

Not working for me either. It's been 4 1/2 hours since the last status update. This is a bit out of character for Tuffmail. Wonder when it'll be fixed...
pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:16 AM   #20
rjforsythe

From what I've read here, Tuffmail is a very small operation. High quality because of the commitment of those involved in running it. I believe they will get it back for us, they have been reliable so far to do that. Its not like they are a big email provider like gmail or yahoo, they probably don't have the resources to pull in to help.

I'm worried they might be under some type of DOS attack or similar -- with a router problem isn't that possible?
rjforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:18 AM   #21
g4mby

I've got the Account Manager back and the logs show that mail is being received. Can't get into any of the webmail interfaces though.

Edit: IMAP works!

Last edited by g4mby : 10 Feb 2009 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Additional info
g4mby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:21 AM   #22
verbovet

mail works!
verbovet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:25 AM   #23
Cobalt

POP access is working for me right now, but it hasn't found any of the messages sent to domains for which Tuffmail hosts the e-mail. It's only finding mail from polled accounts at other providers (Earthlink, in my case).

Hopefully, the other messages will materialize later.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:26 AM   #24
WebWanderer

I'm a long-time customer of Tuffmail, too. I rave about them. Aside from this today, they have been fantastic. Hopefully, John is busting his chops to get this up and fixed, and that's why he's not posting updates (I've been in that position).

We'll see what happens today. But Tuffmail has been fantastic for the last few years.
WebWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:26 AM   #25
vtsoxfan

My mail is still down. Hmmmm. Anyone else?
vtsoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:27 AM   #26
Maupin

Working here as well.
Maupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:28 AM   #27
WebWanderer

mine still not working
WebWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:32 AM   #28
ausim

Mine working
ausim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:33 AM   #29
vtsoxfan

I just had couple of pieces of mail come through, but I've had people trying to email me all day and none of them have. Also, I cannot send mail - I use macmail and the send button doesn't get highlighted so I can press to send. Very strange.
vtsoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:33 AM   #30
pin
Essential Contributor

IMAP has just started working here. Webmail is still down though.
pin is offline   Reply With Quote