EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Jan 2019, 07:03 AM   #46
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
I sort of class "stamping" a draft with the word "draft" as FM just trying to be cute. Well I think I found some more "cuteness"...

If you enable the reading pane you of course have your email title list on the left and the reading pane one the right. If you click the checkbox of a message on the left you see the first few lines of the message on the right. Now click another message while keeping the first message checked. Look how they show it's first few lines. They place it over the first but with the box at a slight angle.
This is not new. This has been there for many years.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2019, 10:20 AM   #47
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

I got a answer back from my ticket asking for the reason the spam prefix option was removed. Here's what they said:

Quote:
Spam is no longer tagged with the spam score because updating the subject line in this way breaks DKIM, and if the a message was moved out of the spam folder in the case of a false-positive the subject line had to be manually edited to remove the spam tagging.
Sounds good to me. Now if I can just get them to also place the spam badge that contains the score in subfolders of Spam that would suffice for what I am using that info for. They are looking into that possibility.

Subbolders of the Spam folder currently inherit some of the attributes of their Spam parent, i.e, there's the "Not Spam" button as opposed to the "Report Spam" button, so why not the badge as well?
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2019, 03:12 PM   #48
DumbGuy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
I got a answer back from my ticket asking for the reason the spam prefix option was removed. Here's what they said:

Sounds good to me. Now if I can just get them to also place the spam badge that contains the score in subfolders of Spam that would suffice for what I am using that info for. They are looking into that possibility.

Subfolders of the Spam folder currently inherit some of the attributes of their Spam parent, i.e, there's the "Not Spam" button as opposed to the "Report Spam" button, so why not the badge as well?

Thanks for the update on that, and it's good to hear they're considering expanding presence of the spam score badge. And if they do indeed bring the badge into spam subfolders, I may then ask them if they can do the same for spam that arrives in my Inbox as well.
DumbGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2019, 09:48 PM   #49
ppm

Smile Thanks n5bb

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I have a Fastmail account on the new JMAP system (Websites is in the Settings menu) and the old system (Websites is in the Files menu). On both of these accounts, messages in the Spam folder have the following Subject spam icon and spam score:
http://emdforum.sent.com/SpamSubjectTag.PNG/

This is visible on the old system now even if you have the spam marking disabled. I think they removed this setting in the Spam Protection screen (it's not on the new JMAP account) because it isn't needed anymore. All messages in the Spam folder in both accounts have this icon and the spam score.

Bill
Very good point, thanks. I now switched off the "add spam score to subject" option for those of my accounts which have been moved to JMAP
ppm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2019, 05:48 AM   #50
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

FWIW they "fixed" the case where a subfolder of Spam looked like the Spam folder with the same buttons. Now Spam subfolders are just standard "normal" folders.

I would have preferred that subfolders inherit their parent's attributes so that a subfolder of spam were treated (at least for the buttons and viewing) like the Spam folder itself. The classifying of stuff in these subfolders as spam when you delete from there wasn't too important since we have a folder's Spam Learning setting to cover that.

Since they took the spam subject prefix option out I would like to see the spam badge they now use also show in the spam subfolders. I already had a related ticket so I used it to suggest to them to replace the Spam Protection option they took out with a checkbox option to enable/disable the badge everywhere or better yet a folders setting to control the spam score badge on a per folder basis. Never hurts to ask!
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2019, 08:17 AM   #51
genegold99

I come to this thread because sometime this afternoon, the website version interface for Fastmail that I've been using for years changed on my iPad Mini 2. I'm not sure why today. Whatever improvements the new version brings, I don’t find the changes helpful, especially the 2-1/2 column view, which at least on a small screen leaves the email itself half blocked by the mailbox being viewed. And since I’m working almost entirely towards the top of the page or screen, I’d prefer the controls be up there too. Is there a way to go back to the classic view? If not, would you please move the bottom right buttons, such as delete and report spam (etc.), to the left center margin?

In addition, how does one mark all emails in a folder at once for delete now?

Last edited by genegold99 : 18 Jan 2019 at 11:46 PM.
genegold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2019, 06:34 AM   #52
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by genegold99 View Post
...?

In addition, how does one mark all emails in a folder at once for delete now?
If you select one email by hitting the radio button on the left of the email, then a new menu appears at the top of the screen offering a "Select All" option.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote