EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 12 Oct 2017, 03:56 AM   #541
mel0

better to avoid their email service too unless you don't care much about your email..

just had my account cancelled few days ago without warning for opening two support tickets, yeah, on my business email...

https://imgur.com/a/sk6TW

Guess that's what I deserve for trusting some random dude online with my email....
mel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2017, 07:39 AM   #542
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel0 View Post
just had my account cancelled few days ago without warning for opening two support tickets, yeah, on my business email...
Ouch. Yeah, best to go with a reputable email host if you're using it for your business.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2017, 08:50 PM   #543
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

This was posted by @MXroute on Twitter a few hours ago:

Over 50% of our support tickets have been resolved in the last 4 hours. We are on our way to resolving the wait times, finally

This seems to be indicating ongoing issues with responding to tickets in a timely manner.

In the scenario where support is running to it's optimum, tickets should be responded to quickly.

If there are issues with support, responses may take longer.

That, of course, is no consolation to someone relying on their e-mail account for business, to experience problems and wanting swift resolution.

Whether or not you like Jarland's method of operation - two strikes and you're out - that method of operation is there, and you either accept it and work with it or move on.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2017, 11:42 PM   #544
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Whether or not you like Jarland's method of operation - two strikes and you're out - that method of operation is there, and you either accept it and work with it or move on.
Which would be fine, except that you discover this method of operation only after the event.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2017, 12:02 AM   #545
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Which would be fine, except that you discover this method of operation only after the event.
I've been aware of the two strikes and you're out for some time, as I follow @MXroute on Twitter.

Granted, a lot of people don't and may not be aware of that.

I don't know if MXroute mention the two strikes in support tickets as I have not used their support recently.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 12:35 AM   #546
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Why would this even be a policy? It seems very authoritarian. "If you have problems, you're gone."
Old 22 Oct 2017, 12:45 AM   #547
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

It seems someone is happy with MXroute:

https://www.calmarsolutions.ch/index...h-mxroute-com/
Old 22 Oct 2017, 01:06 AM   #548
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Right.. and they'll gladly accept your donation through their affiliate code on the BUY NOW button at the end of the review.
Old 8 Nov 2017, 05:22 AM   #549
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Why would this even be a policy? It seems very authoritarian. "If you have problems, you're gone."
If you're actually interested in the full story, you can find it in the comments here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/webhosting/...utecom_abrupt/

There's a lot more to it than just "opened two tickets and got terminated." So very many notifications were up all over the place, including the auto-reply while opening a ticket, warning people of long wait times. Emergencies such as service outages don't need ticket replies, they need fixes, and that's why in the absence of quick response time I rely heavily on announcements, auto-replies, twitter, and a status page. All of the ways that I can utilize to communicate in mass, so that actual platform issues do not require answering individual tickets during the moment of an issue but can be answered later after having first resolved it. If it's not listed anywhere as soon as we are able to get in front of it and determine whether it's a platform issue, then it's not a platform issue. User error is important as well, but under platform issues in priority.

I don't ask that everyone agree with how I do business, but make no mistake, I've gone out of my way to keep customers in the loop and to outline what I expect from my customers along the way. Can I do better? Of course, that will always be true in every situation.

Last edited by jarland : 8 Nov 2017 at 05:28 AM.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2017, 09:53 PM   #550
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
This was posted by @MXroute on Twitter a few hours ago:

Over 50% of our support tickets have been resolved in the last 4 hours. We are on our way to resolving the wait times, finally

This seems to be indicating ongoing issues with responding to tickets in a timely manner.
As I follow @MXroute on Twitter, they have been pushing various offers this week for Black Friday.

Today, they tweeted:

If you've opened a ticket recently please know that we are working hard to prioritize by issue severity. A lot of tickets with no fast way through them all.

Either they are still having problems with their support, or they've been inundated with new Black Friday customers, which is straining their resources?
Old 16 Mar 2018, 03:19 PM   #551
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

The State of MXroute Customer Support

https://blog.mxroute.com/2018/03/the...stomer-support
Old 18 Mar 2018, 01:38 AM   #552
ccl1
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
I really really like what Kolab has done. Admittedly, I've been going back and forth in my mind about replacing the basis of MXroute with something like Kolab or Zimbra. I've instead decided to embrace what we have and focus my efforts on development and documentation. I am strongly considering a "Professional" line of packages that come with a full collaboration suite like the above mentioned solutions though.
this is an old topic, but curious if theres an update on the zimbra front?
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2018, 04:00 AM   #553
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Admitting failure and moving forward

From the MXroute blog:

https://blog.mxroute.com/2018/04/adm...moving-forward

I follow @MXroute on Twitter, and have noted not only problems with support but also network issues/DDOS attacks.

And wondering if anyone here on the forum using MXroute regularly has any opinions to share?
Old 23 Apr 2018, 04:41 AM   #554
TenFour
Master of the @

Personally, I would not recommend MXroute to anyone based on my own brief use of their service that ended when the company cancelled my account after a couple of customer service issues. The owner hurled personal insults along with the issue, and blamed me the customer for not understanding how email works. The issue had to do with forwarding emails, which does work reliably with other services and has for years despite MXroute's statements to the contrary. In any case, their entire attitude towards customers appears to be that they are a huge bother and should just send money and take whatever level of service they receive. That is not a successful business model.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2018, 04:47 AM   #555
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
, their entire attitude towards customers appears to be that they are a huge bother .
The blog quoted above seems to confirm that:
Quote:
The remainder of issues will be handled as community support, via our Discord chat. Community support does not mean that I will not be present there myself, merely that the support will be a community and as we grow customers will be able to offer assistance to each other as well.
And that's from a paid service....
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote