EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Mar 2017, 04:11 AM   #1
niochorio

Red face SEND and SAVE NOW buttons

I really love Fastmail! I should repeat that 100 times but it'll take too much space. One small suggestion that I'd like to make and I am wondering if anyone else feels the same. Often when I am composing a message, I want to SAVE it and come back to it later. Whether it's my age or my lack of concentration, all too often in haste to get out and move on to something else, I hit SEND instead of SAVE NOW and belatedly let out a stream of ^%&*%$$! Would it be possible to change the colour of the SAVE NOW button to something else? Red, orange, yellow?? Anything to strongly contrast with blue! This is my stupidity and not a complaint ... just wondering (a) is it possible, and (b) is it only me??

Thanks again! Great service!
niochorio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:05 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

You should submit this as a support request. I do not know what response you will get, but FastMail should be very grateful to you. I can assure you that you will not be the only person who has suffered from the issue. Few are willing to raise it for fear of being seen as "stupid", but these kinds of issues are actually important from a usability point of view.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2017, 11:15 AM   #3
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

There is a keyboard shortcut for Save Now (Ctrl-S). Maybe as a workaround, you can "train yourself" to use that as opposed to hitting the UI button?
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2017, 01:30 PM   #4
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I'm color blind so it does not bother me, I know it's there and use it daily.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2017, 05:14 AM   #5
akorvemaker
Master of the @

What is now called the Classic Interface (and is going away) supported user-created CSS tweaks. I used that to customize the colors of the delete, refresh, and mark spam buttons. I found it extremely helpful.

In the current interface, I got used to using the keyboard shortcuts and didn't have the problem of hitting the wrong button as frequently, but I still do occasionally. A little color could be a very helpful addition.

And I believe they're working on an option to "undo send". Outgoing messages would be delayed by a few seconds to allow us to quickly undo accidentally hitting send. I'm looking forward to that.
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote