EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 22 Jun 2010, 06:17 PM   #16
guillaume
Essential Contributor

Well I recently interviewed David mcDowell, Dir of Y! Mail Europe. When asking him about IMAP he said :

"This is something we are constantly evaluating. Hopefully with unlimited storage and the advanced features of Web mail, users find less and less need for a desktop client."

So obviously the company is not interested in offering it.

however the recent agreement between Yahoo and Nokia might hint to ActiveSync. Ovi's webservices have ActivSync and since Yahoo will be in charge of their PIM I believe Nokia will not want to remove this OTA synchronization...
guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:28 PM   #17
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillaume View Post
though activated by default those options are forced upon the user who can desactivate them
Yes they seem to be going WAY DOWNHILL since merging with Microsoft! (No surprise there)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 11:40 PM   #18
William9
The "e" in e-mail

The functionality of desktop clients is so helpful in other ways. For people with multiple computers and mobile devices, IMAP is the best protocol.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 01:18 AM   #19
drew
The "e" in e-mail

I am not sure about if I managed to log in on Firefox in linux before but now I log in but fail to see the emails. I only see the contacs .

I vaguely remember me have written about this before. I am on ymail have not tested on yahoo com but they have same log in here in Sweden.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2010, 06:48 AM   #20
RunboxCustomer

I have no use for Yahoo. I would rather stick with what I have. I like having IMAP.
RunboxCustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2010, 06:57 AM   #21
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunboxCustomer View Post
I have no use for Yahoo. I would rather stick with what I have. I like having IMAP.
@RunboxCustomer: I think this thread is targeting those who do have a use for Yahoo.

Most folk here (who do not use Runbox) would not be bad mannered enough to target Runbox specific threads with such negative feedback.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2010, 07:32 AM   #22
RunboxCustomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
@RunboxCustomer: I think this thread is targeting those who do have a use for Yahoo.

Most folk here (who do not use Runbox) would not be bad mannered enough to target Runbox specific threads with such negative feedback.
It's a discussion and I am discussing. I think Yahoo's lack of IMAP turns a lot of users away. A new web interface (complete with ads) is not going to change that.

And FYI: I have a Yahoo account as I use their DSL service.
RunboxCustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2010, 11:48 PM   #23
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Yes, Yahoo! Mail accounts for the whole family come as the included email service with AT&T Internet services e.g. DSL and U-Verse/Fiber.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote