EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 24 Jul 2006, 06:51 PM   #31
jdtaylor
Master of the @

I know there are others but can't be sure which.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2006, 07:33 PM   #32
bramhall
Essential Contributor

There is a list, at this site BTW...
bramhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2006, 09:47 PM   #33
jlnt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
JLMail.com
New Problem

We upgraded to 9.01 MDaemon today, and now the delete button doesn't work in the WorldClient. If you have any suggestions send them to me. Support@jlsupport.net
jlnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2006, 01:53 AM   #34
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Now, I can't even login at all, anyway I have sent an email to the address on the site, so hopefully things will get sorted quickly.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 04:06 AM   #35
gunnarj
Essential Contributor

I signed up for my account once again - it took my old user name and password, so it seems the account had been deleted. Maybe this time it will stick? For some reason when there is an update, the user base (at least free ones) gets deleted, and one needs to reapply.
There is a new look at the home page:http://www.jlmail.com/

gj
gunnarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2006, 04:57 AM   #36
bramhall
Essential Contributor

I am watching this thread with amazement and amusement... What is so wonderful about Jlmail that makes you put up with all that registering, losing emails, and re-registering again and again ??
bramhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2006, 08:56 PM   #37
jlnt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
JLMail.com
We are finished with ever updating the software and databases, so hopefully no more accounts will be deleted. I am sorry for the terrible backups made by Mdaemon. What happens is one of our techs backs up the database to C:\Mdaemon or wherever MDaemon is on the server, and then when the new version of Mdaemon comes in or even a roll back it deletes the user base, last time we tried something different we actually copied the user.dat file and then when the accounts got lost we replaced that .dat file, and then it came up with an error, I don't get it :-?. Well, if anything all accounts should be safe, I am going to let JLmail.com practically run itself unless spammers get involved and we will continue to delete and block the ips. I know JLmail.com has had a terrible history with losing the accounts, I am going to take extra precautions to make sure this never happens again. In the past I haven't paid much attention to the accounts, but if anything atleast its not a 2 page registration and its FREE. I guess that's why we are so prone to spammers because its not hard for them to get their bots to sign up. We can clear them out quickly though. Our team has expanded from just me to about 5 other full time staffed employees. We are working on creating another co branded email service for JLmail that will be paid, but it will be on a connection 10X faster, and the accounts will be backed up hourly, as well as the mailboxes. If you have any problems please email our support group at support.@.jlmail.com please remove the dots when sending other then the .com hehehe.

Have a great day,

Jeremy

OK Scratch this post, we are going to try to for sure get the software updated to either 9.0.1 or the newest. Please bare with us. So accounts may need to be renewed I HOPE NOT. If so use the default password.

Last edited by jlnt : 30 Jul 2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 02:39 AM   #38
jdtaylor
Master of the @

On the 8080 port I am still getting a message the version is still 7.1.0 so maybe it's a different login but I can't see any upgrade sign myself of the new version, I think it's a case of wait and see.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 07:10 AM   #39
jlnt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
JLMail.com
We went ahead and rolled back that installation, because inside of worldclient you could not delete any of the messages, there was a lot of java script errors.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 01:20 AM   #40
jdtaylor
Master of the @

If I'm right from what I experinced elsewhere this did seem to be a bit of a problem, but should easily be fixibile by a patch or something.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 10:22 AM   #41
jlnt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
JLMail.com
JD: if you can find me the patch that fixes this problem then email me j.l.@j.l.mail.com remove the ".". I would rather have 9.0.1 its a much nicer interface.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 30 Jul 2006, 09:44 AM   #42
Javier
Master of the @

Maybe these problems are solved in the actual release of MDaemon (9.0.5). More information is available at http://www.altn.com/products/default...uct_id/MDaemon
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2006, 07:33 PM   #43
jlnt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
JLMail.com
We have finally got Mdaemon working stabely if anything else happens I will keep you all posted.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 08:35 PM   #44
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Quote:
Originally posted by bramhall
I am watching this thread with amazement and amusement... What is so wonderful about Jlmail that makes you put up with all that registering, losing emails, and re-registering again and again ??
Maybe you could also ask the same question on all those other email services that came, gone and back again.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2006, 01:33 PM   #45
jlnt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
JLMail.com
Dallas Server

Well, we got the MySQL to work on the Dallas Server to communicate with the Cisco Server (Main), but now there is only one problem lol. The user accounts want to be used as F:\ on the dallas server, and it doesn't have that drive. Any suggestions message me or post in this thread.