EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 12 Jan 2023, 01:37 AM   #1
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Microsoft 365 Basic is a new $1.99 a month subscription with 100GB of storage

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/11/2...-date-features

Quote:
Microsoft is introducing a new consumer tier to its Microsoft 365 subscription offerings. Priced at just $1.99 per month, Microsoft 365 Basic is designed to replace the 100GB OneDrive storage option with some extra features that sit in between the free option and the $6.99 a month Personal subscription.
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Jan 2023, 10:27 AM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
using your edu account (every university should provide that one even for alumni) to get 1TB free from onedrive.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2023, 11:38 PM   #3
jdtaylor
Master of the @

It does sound good, the only question is can you use your own domain with it and whether activesync for mobile and outlook can be used. If it can be that would be a very good deal.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2023, 04:09 AM   #4
jdtaylor
Master of the @

That’s exactly what I’d like to know as it could be perfect for me.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2023, 09:56 AM   #5
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Anyone sign up for this service at $1.99 a month? I can't find it on the Microsoft website. It was supposed have been available January 30th.
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2023, 10:39 PM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

The plan is listed under OneDrive here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...=tab:primaryr1 and here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...untry=US&rtc=1

Doesn't seem to have domain email. You have to get Microsoft 365 Business Basic to get domain email. It is an answer to Google One pricing, which is the same for 100GB. Except, you can share the Google One plans with your family.
Quote:
For one person
100 GB cloud storage
Works on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
Web and mobile versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, and more
Ad-free Outlook and mobile email and calendar with advanced security features
Access to Microsoft support experts
Quote:
Microsoft 365 Basic is a personal plan created for one person, with benefits including 100 GB of extra cloud storage that can be used across Outlook, OneDrive, and other Microsoft 365 apps. With Microsoft 365 Basic, you’ll also get ad-free email with Outlook and access to support experts for help with Microsoft 365 and Windows 11. The Microsoft 365 Business Basic plan is for commercial use with benefits including 1 TB of cloud storage per user, business-class email (name@yourbusiness.com), customer management tools, and call, chat, and meeting functionality for up to 300 people with Microsoft Teams. Learn more about Microsoft 365 Basic and Microsoft 365 Business Basic.

Last edited by TenFour : 15 Feb 2023 at 10:45 PM.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2023, 12:35 AM   #7
rscaramelo

Microsoft made a massive mess of domain usage a few years ago. Their offerings are so over complicated and that’s why I left them. It’s a shame because I like them best. All I want is to have email go into one inbox and to be able to send from 2-3 addresses there using my domain. Not a big ask.
rscaramelo is offline   Reply With Quote