EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 Mar 2016, 07:19 AM   #1
Eireannach

OpenXchange (OX) webmail

Having thought about it for a while I finally decided to go with the general thinking here and register my own domain to allow me maximum flexibility.

I am looking very carefully at Runbox and nearing the end of my trial with them. When registering the new domain with my local webhosting company ( the particular TLD is not available through Runbox) I see they have an email only option which is very economical (E12.30 per annum for 3 mailboxes). It has fairly small mailboxes ( 500Mb only) but I would not have a very big requirement . It uses OpenXchange (OX) webmail . Does anyone here have any experience using OX webmail ? Any usability or security issues/comments particularly welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Eireannach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Mar 2016, 07:46 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
It uses OpenXchange (OX) webmail . Does anyone here have any experience using OX webmail ? Any usability or security issues/comments particularly welcome.
Mailbox.org is using Open Xchange. Nice interface. And Mailbox.org is very security aware.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2016, 03:08 PM   #3
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

I've tried OpenXchange a couple of times, with Namecheap and mailbox.org

Wouldn't really recommend it myself, but I say give it a go.

You can sign up for a trial with mailbox.org and see if it works for you:

https://mailbox.org/en/try-out-test-...your-own-time/
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2016, 03:59 PM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

I also tried OpenXchange with Namecheap. I really tried to like it as it was cheap and they gave me one free year. In the end I left as I really disliked Namecheap's interface.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2016, 07:28 AM   #5
Eireannach

Thanks guys for the replies. It has also dawned on me that as I already have a hosting account with my local webhost company ( shared hosting on some business related sites ) which includes email accounts I could also just add email accounts there to my new domain.

It uses atmail for the webinterface and mailboxes can be up to 1Gb. Does anybody see any reason to prefer Runbox over my local webhost ?

PS Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Emerald Isle
Eireannach is offline   Reply With Quote