EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 29 Jun 2017, 02:35 AM   #1
cb500

auto bcc in gmail

Greetings. I know of a Chrome add-on that allows one to set up an "automatic" bcc address in Gmail's compose screen. Does anyone know of something similar that would work with Firefox? I spent a few minutes searching and didn't come across anything, but thought someone here might know a way. Thanks.
cb500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Jun 2017, 04:27 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Try this browser-independent trick
http://www.emailpet.com/examples/auto-bcc-with-gmail/
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2017, 11:59 AM   #3
cb500

Actually some time ago I thought of the sent mail filter idea and tried it without success. But given this, I'll go through it again. I may have set it up wrong. Thanks for the link.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 12:08 PM   #4
cb500

Ok, I may be missing something obvious, but from within the gmail web interface I cannot see how to apply the technique suggested in the above link, either from the "forwarding" screen, or via a "filter". Using a "filter" I don't see how to employ the "when message arrives in sent folder" concept. Janusz, have you accomplished this?
Old 29 Jun 2017, 02:28 PM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

You asked about something similar to the Chrome add-on which would work with Firefox. The Emailpet service described in that link (which costs US $5/month or US $48/year) connects to your account remotely (via IMAP, I assume) and performs the indicated features in the background. The setup shown at that link is make in the Emailpet application.

The Gmail filters can't perform forwarding on outgoing messages. Some other email services (such as Fastmail) can be set up for automatic BCC on outgoing messages.

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2017, 01:54 AM   #6
LinuxArie

Or use a mail client, then you can set up automatic bcc
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2017, 11:04 AM   #7
cb500

Yes, I realized the filter idea within the web interface would not work, and that I'd need to use something other than the gmail web interface if I wanted to do "auto bcc" outside of Chrome. Thanks all for the input.