EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 Mar 2024, 04:11 PM   #1
tracypowers
= Permanently banned =

Problem using Fastmail on iPhone and iPad

Hello,

Fastmail does not refresh on either my iPhone or iPad. In other words, I have yesterday's emails but won't have anything since then until I log out of the i-device and then log back in.

How to solve this problem?

Last edited by tracypowers : Today at 04:32 PM.
moderator:
Poster returned and added spam link. Link has been removed.

Last edited by CyberSmurf : 29 Mar 2024 at 07:42 AM. Reason: remove spam link
tracypowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Mar 2024, 04:21 PM   #2
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Have you got auto sync enabled on your phone and iPad
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2024, 07:04 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Are you using an email client or the Fastmail app? If you are using the Fastmail app, here are some ideas:

In the main iOS Settings screen, scroll way down near the bottom and find the Fastmail settings and open. Be sure that Background App Refresh and Cellular Data are both set to ON if you want to get new emails as soon as possible, no matter where you are. You can also enable new message notifications on your iPhone/iPad. New messages should then automatically appear from time to time. Also (from Fastmail help):
Quote:
iOS: To force a check for new mail, pull down on the message list view.
You can check how this works by sending yourself an email using the Fastmail app. Be sure to add a short Subject. By default, Fastmail will wait 15 seconds or so after you hit Send to give you a chance to undo sending a new message. You can change this in the Fastmail app “Signatures & Compose > Compose options” screen. When I just ran this test (using a cellular internet connection), I received a new message notification after about 25 seconds, and the email appeared in my Inbox a couple of seconds later.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2024, 07:45 AM   #4
CyberSmurf

Avion correctly reported the user as a probable spammer. They post then return later and add a spam link.

Due to Avion's report on the post, I was keeping an eye on it.
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote