EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 Feb 2019, 01:53 PM   #1
jer39lms

Searching Calendar Events

Hi,

I have a need to be able to search calendar events. I access Fastmail using the iphone Fastmail App and using a Windows 10 PC with Chrome (fastmail web interface). As best as I can tell, there is no way to do this on the FM web interface using a PC with a browser (I use Chrome). (I'm still on the older interface but I understand the new web interface still does not have a calendar search feature, correct?)

RIght now, I know of only one way to search for calendar events, and that is to use the Fantastical 2 app on the iPhone - which access fastmail calendars using caldav. THis app has a calendar search feature.

Today I tried to install Outlook 2019 on a Windows 10 machine - I figured it likely has a search feature. That said, I now understand (through reading these forms) that Outlook 2019 does not work with caldav calendars.

And so back to the drawing board - does anybody have a suggestion for how I can quickly search through my calendar events using a Windows 10 machine? I would be open to trying other apps if one worked reliably.

Oh, how I wish Fastmail would implement a calendar search feature into the web interface.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy
jer39lms is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Feb 2019, 02:52 PM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer39lms View Post
Does anybody have a suggestion for how I can quickly search through my calendar events using a Windows 10 machine?
I have Rainlendar installed on my Windows 10 PC, can search via the Manager option.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2019, 03:24 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer39lms View Post
... Oh, how I wish Fastmail would implement a calendar search feature into the web interface...
I agree that calendar search is badly needed, Jeremy. About 3 months ago (late October 2018) I complained to Neil Jenkins at Fastmail about the lack of calendar search in the beta of the new JMAP release. He told me the developers had implemented calendar search and they were testing it and anticipated releasing it late in 2018 shortly after the JMAP public release. It's obvious that they decided to slowly release the new JMAP user interface in stages to user accounts, and my guess is that they are still working on fixing bugs before they roll out additional features. For example, there were bugs with repeating calendar events and the size sorting which I reported and seem to now be fixed.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote