EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 22 Apr 2003, 09:24 AM   #1
jally

Question Mouseover Text Description? (also re: Lycos

Q: Is there any free online email service which would allow me to create mouseover text descriptions to supplement the Subject Line? For example:
Subject: to Dr. Smith
MOUSEOVER: [Smith is the prof referred by Dave]

I know that Mail2world offers many handy unique features, but I don't believe their repertoire includes mouseover text descriptions - at least not yet

Has anyone heard of such an animal?

P.S.
Just a rhetorical comment that I've decided to discontinue Lycos. I'd wanted to be enabled to read only mail that contains a predesignated phrase in the Subject line since everything else in that mailbox is tons of spam. But Lycos doesn't allow me to consign predesignated phrases as follows:
IF the [sender or subject] contains "xxx" assign it to Folder-XXX
jally is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Apr 2003, 10:43 AM   #2
JeremyY

I don't think that will work, because the mouseover would only be displayed on your computer and not the sender, as there is no way to send messages like that.
JeremyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2003, 12:57 PM   #3
jally

I'm not sure what you mean, but I would point out that if there's a way to send a BCC without the sendee being aware of it, can't there also be a way to create a mouseover without the sendee being aware of it?

Also, it doesn't have to be a Subject mouseover, it can merely be a mouseover corresponding to that sendee (just like Mail2World's color-coding corresponds to specific sendee's)
jally is offline   Reply With Quote