EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 Dec 2012, 11:04 AM   #1
mgg

PARSE calendar attachments!

Hi all. I've been with fastmail since.. the beginning? 2001? something like that. I use it constantly, and use the web interface exclusively. However, one thing that is driving me crazy is that I receive meeting invitations that I can't read in the browser. It comes across as "attachment 3" at the bottom of the message, and even if I download it, I then need to open it in a calendar program to see the time and date etc. I can read them by clicking directly on my cellphone, or I can forward them to gmail, where I can see all the lovely data, nicely laid out within the message... why can't Fastmail parse and show these attachments??

PLEASE? I don't want to switch to gmail. really..... I love fastmail and have been satisfied for over a decade with this service.

Help.
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Dec 2012, 01:33 PM   #2
neilj
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
We are actually beta testing this right now: log in at https://beta.fastmail.fm and see if that helps...

Neil.
neilj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilj View Post
We are actually beta testing this right now: log in at https://beta.fastmail.fm and see if that helps...
Nice.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2012, 01:32 AM   #4
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

The new calendar parser looks nice & works well. I did notice that When: and Where: are duplicated in two places below the normal calendar block:
Code:
Where Here
When  Wed Dec 12 10:00:00 2012 Eastern Standard Time to
      Wed Dec 12 10:30:00 2012 Eastern Standard Time
Who   Me, Myself
What  When: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:00 AM-10:30 AM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
      Where: Here <- This is duplicated

Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustments.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This section of text also contains duplicated content:

When: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:00 AM-10:30 AM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
Where: Here

Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustments.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2012, 02:34 AM   #5
mgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilj View Post

Neil.
Fantastic!!! Now, if there were an embedded .ics link on that screen, I could use a browser plugin to add it to my Google Calendar. (I'm very unlikely to switch to a Fastmail calendar, if one gets created).

Thanks!!
Old 6 Feb 2013, 02:28 PM   #6
mgg

Unhappy

.... Looks like this has stopped working on the Beta.fastmail.fm....

i'm still needing to forward to my Gmail (which I Can't seem to automate because sieve on FM doesn't include the MIME extension?!) or look at on my iphone. Any thoughts on how to get this functionality back? I'm scheduling tons of meetings with a client halfway around the world and the timezones and their automated calendar system are conspiring to kill me......

Thanks!
<M>