EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 2 Apr 2009, 12:41 AM   #1
tomhab
Essential Contributor

Use of BST over GMT

I live in London meaning for half the year, using GMT is fine for me. But for the other half, we use British Summer time (BST), which is 1 hour ahead.

Is there anyway of enabling summer time on webmail? Changing my location to Paris doesn't work because they're actually on summer time. Does this mean that the UK is only location without a summer time option?

I've now changed my Timezone to Portuguese time believe it or not... Quite amusing to be honest, but really should be fixed
tomhab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Apr 2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
For timezone handling the Runbox Webmail depends on libraries included in the Linux operating system, and apparently the timezone associated with Europe/London (timezones are tied to cities, not countries) is GMT, not BST.

This might correct itself when we perform the long-awaited web server upgrade in the next few weeks -- otherwise we'll have to look into it further...

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2013, 09:03 PM   #3
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
For timezone handling the Runbox Webmail depends on libraries included in the Linux operating system, and apparently the timezone associated with Europe/London (timezones are tied to cities, not countries) is GMT, not BST.

This might correct itself when we perform the long-awaited web server upgrade in the next few weeks -- otherwise we'll have to look into it further...

- Geir
This is a very old thread but the position still sems to be that the time is displayed in GMT and not local time after daylight saving adjustments. As far as I know, Linux systems can display daylight time. It's only an irritation, I admit - does it work better in other time zones?

Rgrds

Peter
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2013, 09:37 PM   #4
tomhab
Essential Contributor

I figured out that if you set your location to Lisbon/Portugal, then you get BST rather than GMT. Bit of a weird fix, but there you go.
tomhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2013, 09:38 PM   #5
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi filbert,

In your account does your time zone show "Greenwich Mean Time" or "GMT - United Kingdom London Great Britain"?

If it is the first of those two, change your country above where it shows time zone to something else, and then back to United Kingdom. You should then have 3 options for UK then and the second option above will give you the correct time in the webmail.

Dave
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2013, 05:00 AM   #6
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post

In your account does your time zone show "Greenwich Mean Time" or "GMT - United Kingdom London Great Britain"?

If it is the first of those two, change your country above where it shows time zone to something else, and then back to United Kingdom. You should then have 3 options for UK then and the second option above will give you the correct time in the webmail.
It is a bit confusing to have both "Great Britain" and "United Kingdom" in the country box.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2013, 05:45 AM   #7
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Yes it is.

We have now removed Great Britain so that United Kingdom is the one that is left. This is the option that gives you correct GMT/BST times if you select something other than the plain Greenwich Mean Time option.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2013, 04:41 PM   #8
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
Yes it is.

We have now removed Great Britain so that United Kingdom is the one that is left. This is the option that gives you correct GMT/BST times if you select something other than the plain Greenwich Mean Time option.
Good stuff, thanks.
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote