EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 17 Jan 2017, 11:22 AM   #151
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivil View Post
yes i saw something has changed... because i can see since 2 days some "no messages displayed" . ok in mobile viewer & in desktop viewer.

do not forget to do that to the others buttons like "archive" and "report spam"

And now ladies and gentlemen..... the third bug ^^

Since 2 days, with my 5 inches android device and a bluetooth keyboard, i can not use anymore the "D" keystoke to delete a message... i'm on a mobile viewer mode... still works on the classical tablet/PC mode with my PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXtwqqw2rlc

Why your recent changes did that ??? it worked well before. and also why only in the mobile version ???

first bug: no explanation.
second bug: corrected
third bug: just explained today
Unfortunately it was one or the other. We had to disable delete events while the action bar wasn't showing, because there's no way otherwise to detect whether you actually intended to tap twice and delete two messages. So the D key no longer works on mobile browsers in conversation/message view.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2017, 06:37 PM   #152
vivil
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
Unfortunately it was one or the other.
it is the fact than the "5 icons bar menu" is not entirely dependant of the displayed message...

it is a IFRAME of

"Archive displayed message * Delete displayed message * Report displayed message as spam * Move displayed message in... * Read/unread/pinned/unpinned displayed message"

instead of

"Archive Message-ID <201701170141.f364a78a5ccb@www.emaildiscussions.com> * Delete Message-ID <201701170141.f364a78a5ccb@www.emaildiscussions.com> * Report Message-ID <201701170141.f364a78a5ccb@www.emaildiscussions.com> as spam * Move Message-ID <201701170141.f364a78a5ccb@www.emaildiscussions.com> in... * Read/unread/pinned/unpinned Message-ID <201701170141.f364a78a5ccb@www.emaildiscussions.com>"

The solution with Message-Id (or your own unique internal message-id) are inside the classical interface. it is mandatory. Of course, it is not beautiful buttons but so easy to change that (not now, you will give up it...)

The workaround which you can now implement in actual interface is to continue to IFRAME this menu (as now) in all cases excepting when the user read a mail...

On this case clicking a lot on the same icon as i did (more than 4 times per second)
CAN NOT delete other message...................................... the only disadvantage is you must adding on every message the source code of the 5 icons.

Last edited by vivil : 17 Jan 2017 at 06:52 PM.
vivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2017, 10:09 PM   #153
andretchen

Some features of Classic to preserve - html source editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwalsh View Post
https://neilj.github.io/Squire/
https://github.com/neilj/Squire/blob/master/README.md

Squire is an HTML5 rich text editor, which provides powerful cross-browser normalisation, whilst being supremely lightweight and flexible.
Unlike other HTML5 rich text editors, Squire was written as a component for writing documents (emails, essays, etc.), not doing wysiwyg websites. If you are looking for support for inserting form controls or flash components or the like, you'll need to look elsewhere. However for many purposes, Squire may be just what you need, providing the power without the bloat.
Oh that is just GREAT- thanks! Now I have also answered my previous question. I can use Squire as a "desktop in the sky" to copy images by link and paste into FM Compose. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, this means the image itself, not the link is now part of the body of the email (so if the link dies, the email is not affected etc)

I'm also not clear on how to install the code on a local server (any hints appreciated), that would be on Windows7 or 10 Pro
andretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM   #154
the bishop
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I find the ability to show user-selected headers is more convenient. For example:
https://www.mediafire.com/?tzd3j94de45st1l

Bill
how do i default the "show details" in the standard theme? or is that only available in the classic theme? (wish we could do our own themes easier like old interface).
the bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49 AM   #155
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bishop View Post
how do i default the "show details" in the standard theme? or is that only available in the classic theme? (wish we could do our own themes easier like old interface).
The Classic theme is required.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote