EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 2007, 09:11 PM   #211
mf1941
Essential Contributor

Another free service based on that Interface is located at:

https://secure.mlb.com/enterworkflow...email&c_id=mlb

It's the website of Major League Baseball, You can choose an account name of your favorite team & storage is approx 5M.

As KOEM states, It isn't a huge account, Rather a handy backup..
Old 21 Jun 2007, 04:36 PM   #212
King Of Email
Cornerstone of the Community

Lightbulb Chulkana.com

Chulkana.com is a free 1024MB (1GB) free Roundcube based email service that is part of a suite of internet services, shopping, dating, videos, etc. The interface is standard Roundcube without ads. Operation seems normal with the exception that HTML compose, while the default setting of Roundcube email, is not enabled on this service. I have noticed that with the single exception of Wawamail, no other Roundcube application I have ever seen has the HTML option available in the message compose window. At any rate, this is one of the larger free Roundcube applications I have come across yet. As Roundcube gets to be more prevalent, I'm sure this situation will change.

Also, as with some other free email services I have listed here, mass registration may have the effect of eventually shutting down the service, so note this before depending on any one account for your email needs. Here's the link:

http://mail.chulkana.com/
Old 2 Jul 2007, 06:14 AM   #213
King Of Email

Lightbulb Whodeymail

Whodeymail.com is another Roundcube based free email service with 50MB of storage and standard Roundcube options. One good thing is that Whodeymail doesn't require full email address logins like many other Roundcube accounts I have seen. BTW, Whodeymail refers to the Cincinnati Bengals, an American NFL football team. Hey, but it works and it's free.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 08:09 AM   #214
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

When these RoundCube services say that they offer "Webmail and POP access" do they mean POP access to the mailserver, or POP access to other mail servers via the webmail?
Old 4 Jul 2007, 03:06 AM   #215
King Of Email

Question Roundcube

I'm not sure kaptitsky. I wish we had a Roundcube representative here as I'd like to ask them some questions about other things as well. Some of the Roundcube services you listed on your link, I had registered for. Unfortunately, one of the larger ones such teramail, did not work properly and also lacked full options such as HTML compose and still required full address logins. I would register for and test some of the others, but my assumption is that they likewise do not offer advanced compose and easy logins based on what I have seen so far and I don't want to hog email addresses someone else could use as my real name is very common, very sought after, and considerably hard to find. However as to email operation, still only Wawamail does all of these things without a hitch. I wonder why other Roundcube accounts do not? Even my free EUMX account in Roundcube is basic and without advanced options. I'm glad Wawamail is there for me and I'm keeping a Chulkana.com Roundcube account for its 1GB storage size even though it also has only basic features.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 06:29 AM   #216
jdtaylor
Master of the @

The old service Shoutmail.net seems to be offline either permanently or temporarily with a bit of a domain name server problem.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 05:13 PM   #217
King Of Email

Lightbulb Itmail.de and .eu

Itmail.eu and now .de, are back online after the free email with the domain; Itmail.eu separated and was recapitalized under another provider. B1gMail.de was providing the service along with some other extensions but they went under, or so I thought. Itmail.eu was just one of their offerings and Itmail.de is new. Both are based on the B1gMail interface with the exception that these new accounts are 100MB, not the 1GB formally offered and ads have been added making the inbox view somewhat smaller. However, will this make the service work better by being sponsored? I hope so, as the original B1gMail operation was unpredictable and often failed.

Test emails to and from my account worked and the email box came through without a hitch. However, inbox navigation is still slow, as slow as it was previously and now contains an additional online virtual female non-speaking character that occasionally prompts you to type something into her info box window. This can be interesting or annoying depending on your sex and how lonely you are . BTW, it helps to know some German. Warning: with this service as with many others, listing it often shuts the service down through mass registrations. If this happens, then the service was probably not worth it anyhow: ie: Devcan.com. I list it as such a test. At any rate here is the link:

http://www.itmail.de/index.php?bmses...88e3a066610915
Old 1 Aug 2007, 03:44 PM   #218
King Of Email

Lightbulb Ezilon.com

Ezilon.com is a 20MB Hivemail based free email service hosted by a European search site with news listings and internet links. The difference is this Hivemail based interface represents a newer version, one that includes a working advanced compose feature for Firefox without any additional tweaking or downloads. The interface is silver as compared to the default blue and white of standard Hivemail applications. The attachment allowance is 2MB total per message, but seems to upload fast. On test, both sent mail went out with no problem and inbox mail was received quickly and successfully. This version of Hivemail also includes a handy notes function. The only problem I have found with this service so far is spam. Having registered for this nice little service for about an hour, I received 2 spam emails in that time. Of course spammers, under this configuration, can be redirected or blocked. Since this account is brand new and never given out once, the spam is obviously coming from the sponsor. As long as it is light and occasional, I will accept a limited number of commercial emails as a means to fund the free service as long as the service is swift, useful, and reliable.

Here's the link:

http://mail.ezilon.com/

Last edited by King Of Email : 1 Aug 2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 05:56 PM   #219
King Of Email

Lightbulb Eelammail.com

Eelammail is a free 5GB email service without ads based on an Ajax enabled AtMail interface that on test was quite fast. I found this service on a Google search 72 pages deep. Other than the login page, there is no corporate/company information other than the administrator's email address for inquiries. This version of AtMail seems to be a distinct improvement over others I have used, especially since it offers the simple universal browser login as a default which most people use anyway. Since this service is more or less unadvertised, I expect mass registrations might possibly crash the service, so it might be a good idea to register only one account per person. Finally, I have found that with many AtMail accounts lately, login inactivity periods although unmentioned, are active and I have permanently unknowsinly lost some other AtMail accounts because of this. I'm assuming that period is somewhere between 60 and 90 days, but may be shorter. This is how some of the bigger services control administrative costs and bandwidth. The interface is nice, clean and so far ad free. As for spam, we shall see.

The link is here:

http://www.eelammail.com/

Last edited by King Of Email : 9 Aug 2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 05:20 AM   #220
gunnarj
Essential Contributor

EelamMail - so far so good.
This 5 gb free service also provides for forwarding as well as POP3.
Crossing my fingers on this one.
thanks King.

gj
Old 10 Aug 2007, 06:56 AM   #221
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnarj View Post
EelamMail - so far so good.
This 5 gb free service also provides for forwarding as well as POP3.
In case you (or anyone else) may not be aware of it, it may be worth mentioning that in my experience with AtMail-based systems in the past, in most cases setting a forwarding address will not keep a copy of received messages in the AtMail mailbox, nor is there generally an option for doing so (although I may have known of one or two services which were an exception to this) -- which of course makes the 5GB mailbox size "irrelevant" if one isn't storing any messages there anyway.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 07:20 AM   #222
nbarr

Eelammail.com also provides IMAP which is good.

Not so Good is:
- Tag Lines
- No SSL on either IMAP or SMTP
Which means many will need to use an alternative SMTP server when sending from a client, because many ISP's block SMTP port 25. This might be a plus because there isn't a Tag Line when using a different SMTP Server.

Whois info indicates they are relatively new and based in LA.
eelammail.com
Record last updated on 10-Jun-2007.
Record expires on 01-Mar-2013.
Record created on 01-Mar-2006.

Thanks to King of Email for your ongoing efforts.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 10:35 AM   #223
Merovingian
Master of the @

name

"Eelammail"
just a question:
how do you *say* that name and what does it mean?!?!
Old 10 Aug 2007, 12:53 PM   #224
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Free email accounts at www.myquotespace.com

myquotespace.com is a new website where you get to make your own quote board and post up quotes that you or your friends have said. You can keep and share them forever. NEW to the site is to the first 10 users to sign up and email freemail@myquotespace.com gets a yourname@myquotespace.com email account.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 06:57 PM   #225
chris_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptitsky View Post
When these RoundCube services say that they offer "Webmail and POP access" do they mean POP access to the mailserver, or POP access to other mail servers via the webmail?
The good news - the Chulkana welcome email provides POP & IMAP server settings so I presume those services are supposed to be provided. The bad news - I haven't been able to log in for a number of hours ("service currently unavailable"), so haven't been able to check whether they actually work yet.
Closed Thread