EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 Nov 2003, 05:58 AM   #1
shuffle

Ghostsearchers

I havn't seen this free service mentioned before. ghostsearchers offers some realy nice specs: 30MB storage, pop3 +imap, virus + spam filters. web includes multi language support, callender and other regular useful features.

there are few domains to choose from:

yourname@ghostsearchers.com

yourname@heyshop.co.uk

yourname@ghostmailbox.com

yourname@hotpost.co.uk

speed is ok. sometimes even better than ok. though there should be smtp service, i was not able to send my mails through my client. could be though, a problem with my configuration.

one thing more. i'm using this service for about 72 hours, and i already noticed ~1 hour that the service has been offline. i don't think though, that any mail was lost.
shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Nov 2003, 09:47 AM   #2
usf
Cornerstone of the Community

Re: Ghostsearchers

Quote:
Originally posted by shuffle
I havn't seen this free service mentioned before. ghostsearchers offers some realy nice specs: 30MB storage, pop3 +imap, virus + spam filters. web includes multi language support, callender and other regular useful features.

there are few domains to choose from:

yourname@ghostsearchers.com

yourname@heyshop.co.uk

yourname@ghostmailbox.com

yourname@hotpost.co.uk

speed is ok. sometimes even better than ok. though there should be smtp service, i was not able to send my mails through my client. could be though, a problem with my configuration.

one thing more. i'm using this service for about 72 hours, and i already noticed ~1 hour that the service has been offline. i don't think though, that any mail was lost.
shuffle,
Welcome you join in.

usf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2003, 10:58 AM   #3
sparky752

Just FYI, (http://www.ghostsearchers.com:3000/) will take you straight to the login page. This works for all domains, just put in the right domain with the 3000 thing.
sparky752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2003, 04:10 PM   #4

Love the domain names, might check this service out - see how it goes.

dan
Old 16 Nov 2003, 10:04 PM   #5
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

I love the domain names. And the service so far looks awesome.

_________
Spin
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2003, 10:55 PM   #6
shuffle

Quote:
Originally posted by Spin
I love the domain names. And the service so far looks awesome.

_________
Spin

seems like ghosts searching is a profitable thing, if they can afford giving such service for free.
(thanks usf for the welcome)
shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2003, 05:20 AM   #7
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Re: Ghostsearchers

Quote:
Originally posted by shuffle
The POP server and webmail page were both down today from at least sometime in the late AM until this afternoon. Both are back up again now, as of around 4:15 PM EST. I guess it must have been ghosts.

Last edited by xmailer : 19 Nov 2003 at 05:35 AM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2003, 02:31 PM   #8
CyberSmurf

*chuckle*
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:25 PM   #9
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Return-path: <admin@ghostsearchers.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:47:43 +0000
To: all_users@ghostsearchers.com
Subject: Important Changes to accounts

From now on we are forced to change this email service to a subscription based service after an initial 30 day trail.

All current users who are using this email service will have 30 days from now, if know payment is received after this time your e-mail account will be suspended, until payment is made.

We set out to be a free service with donations but this was unsuccessful as very few were received, we feel we can deliver a first class service for as little as £0.99p per month for 30Mb inbox, with upgrade options available as many have requested.

We are sorry to impose charges in such short notice, but these payment measures are necessary for the continued growth and survival of this email service.

We currently only have PayPal as a means of payment, they support all major credit cards, more payment options maybe added later.

We believe the charges we have installed are very reasonable for the features your email account provides.

All payments will be automatically taken from you each month without you needing to do anything, and a receipt will be sent to you for your payment.

Visit the main page on how to pay, any payment help will be made to sales@ghostsearchers.com

Thanks for all your support.

admin@ghostsearchers.com

30mb Web based, POP3 & IMAP4 e-mail.

Read:

"We had no business plan and were operating hand to mouth, and it's not working, so now we are going to change everything and all you have to do is give us cash."

Anyone want to start a pool on their conversion rate?
kaptitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2004, 01:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by kaptitsky
Read:

"We had no business plan and were operating hand to mouth, and it's not working, so now we are going to change everything and all you have to do is give us cash."

Anyone want to start a pool on their conversion rate?
Its a shame. I never got around to trying their email service, I really like some of the domains. I wish them luck tho with converting to a paid service. Its a tough market out there, so I wouldn't come down too hard on them.

dan
Old 26 Feb 2004, 01:57 PM   #11
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
It is now a 30 days trial service.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2004, 03:01 AM   #12
gunnarj
Essential Contributor

Does anybody know what the cost will be in dollars per month or year?

Also, any additional details would be great. I have enjoyed this email account, but depending on what the dollar cost is per month, a 30 mb account is okay, but not determinative, considering what fusemail and others will be offering.

regards,

gunnarj
gunnarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2004, 01:20 PM   #13
CyberSmurf

Post Free accounts are now Restricted

Quote:
All members that signed up for there e-mail account before 26/02/04 who haven't subscribed to any four of the payment options found on the main login page, will find there e-mail accounts restricted from today. Those who signed up later will continue there 30 day trail.

Restricted accounts cannot send or receive mail outside this domain.

A test e-mail to my ghostmailbox.com account bounced.
Quote:
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 <xxxx@ghostmailbox.com>, Recipient unknown
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 12:17 AM   #14
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Just to let people know as of now 2007, the service no longer exists and seems to have been shut down, although the main ghostsearchers.com domain is still active it's now a discussion forum and there is no longer any email service available.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 01:36 AM   #15
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
Just to let people know as of now 2007, the service no longer exists and seems to have been shut down, although the main ghostsearchers.com domain is still active it's now a discussion forum and there is no longer any email service available.
I think we all have to acknowledge that ghost services are transient jdtaylor; their reality is often in dispute; their manifestations are ultimately unpredictable. They are neither solid nor stable - often they will appear (and then disappear) in an instant, as seems to have happened here.
David is offline   Reply With Quote