EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Aug 2006, 10:50 PM   #1
elvislong
= Permanently banned =

Free Web Hosting Website

If anyone is interested just check out [Spam deleted]

This is a great place to post! Thank you and all the best

Old 16 Aug 2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Dave P in StLouis
Cornerstone of the Community

Hmmm. 500 megs webspace and 250 megs email for free with no ads. Sounds to good to be true. Plus, you can't upload .zip files. And what's with the file size limits? 10 megs for .gif and .jpg files? 5 megs for .html files? Is that total or per file? I'm assuming it's total. Granted, it's 'way better than FreeServers, where my poor site is hosted but it still sounds to good to be true. I'd rather host someplace where they have text banners and maybe 20 megs of space. My needs are pretty modest. How'd you hear about these guys anyway?
Old 18 Aug 2006, 09:25 PM   #3
elvislong
= Permanently banned =

I use them and so do the people i know. They are really good and they fulfill everything for me,so it is all good. Plus it is free. I suggest use it. you have Nothing to Lose
Old 21 Aug 2006, 08:21 PM   #4
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I am always sceptic about combining 'free' and 'internet' in one sentence. If this webhost puts no advertisements and asks no money from customers, how is he intending to stay in business for a long haul? Also, most free webhosts (not all, but most) make no back-ups (which I find important) and have a terribly slow support.

If there's a free webhost (with or without ads) that does back-ups on daily/weekly basis and that has a good support, then I'd be very interest. But for most free webhosts, I'd say reliability and stability should be questionned.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 04:16 AM   #5
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by Tsunami
Also, most free webhosts (not all, but most) make no back-ups (which I find important)
I would never trust a web-hosting service (free or paid) to make backups; my method is to keep my own backup, which I edit as needed, and upload the changed/new files.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 08:36 AM   #6
Edwin
 Administrator 

This user has posted similar spam messages on dozens of message boards around the Web. Bye bye!
Closed Thread