EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Mar 2004, 12:30 PM   #31
DBH

Thanks, guest2k! I'm glad you like it. I'm going to use my SlimSand as the template for slimming down s_j's Electric Sun. We'll see how it looks!

Dave
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2004, 03:42 PM   #32
bitequator
The "e" in e-mail

Woohoo DBH there are a couple of other recent threads around here where I'd also read others saying they like "slim" and using slimsand, etc...

Yeah as mentioned above, not only the folder tree, but just being able to pack as much as possible on the screen overall (in all resolutions/size settings) is good!

Anyways I've gone SlimSand then SlimBlueYellow (with short detour to SlimX) and now back to SlimSand I'm surprised when I finally noticed SlimSand doesn't load an image...

I'd started out with SlimStream originally (one unique good thing about that old stylesheet: the use of fixed-width/monospace font, in message/script compose window and elsewhere)... Sorry there I go again being less than subtle being pushy
bitequator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Mar 2004, 04:30 AM   #33
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by mcowger
Jeremy, can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have FM Dolphin in cluded in the list? I can't use the whole custom.css thing, but I would love to have it available.
Yes, yes, yes! Jeremy, can we? PLEASE? PLEASE? I really like the Dolphin one. Please get it on the list ASAP.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Mar 2004, 04:41 AM   #34
DBH

*SLIM*

Well, here it is...a slim version of Electric Sun:

Slim Electric Sun
in Sanjay's Gallery

Let me know if I forgot anything! Reminder, yet again: you must have s_j's images already downloaded. bitequator, sorry about the font thing. Maybe when I have more time, or remember to, I'll look into it.

Dave
Old 5 Mar 2004, 08:11 AM   #35
s_j

Dave, it seems you have 'slimmed' down Electric Sun 1.0. I have recently updated it to Electric Sun 2.0 which can be downloaded from the start of this thread. Electric Sun 2.0 has been cleaned up and has quite a few minor adjustments.

Because there were a few requests, I have made Electric Sun Slim. This is like Electric Sun B (i.e. uses full width of the screen) but the mailbox table cells are slimmer.

- View Electric Sun Slim in Sanjay's tester here.
- Download the zip of the stylesheet with all its images here.

Admittedtly, I could pack more into the screen but that would mean reducing the height of the header and the action bars. If you would want Electric Sun Slim updated to this kind of thing, give us a yell.

Hope that helps,

sj
s_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Mar 2004, 09:51 AM   #36
guest2k
Cornerstone of the Community

Re: *SLIM*

Quote:
Originally posted by DBH
Well, here it is...a slim version of Electric Sun:

Slim Electric Sun
in Sanjay's Gallery

Let me know if I forgot anything! Reminder, yet again: you must have s_j's images already downloaded. bitequator, sorry about the font thing. Maybe when I have more time, or remember to, I'll look into it.

Dave
WOH, VERY NICE !!! I hope Jeremy will add this slim version to the list.

something to point out: the scroller is too light can't see it with my eyes =P

Last edited by guest2k : 6 Mar 2004 at 03:05 AM.
guest2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Mar 2004, 11:30 AM   #37
DBH

Quote:
Originally posted by s_j
Because there were a few requests, I have made Electric Sun Slim. This is like Electric Sun B (i.e. uses full width of the screen) but the mailbox table cells are slimmer.
s_j, nice job on the Slim! I like it! The header is still too big for me, but it really looks nice. I wound up cutting out some of the header picture in my version, so I guess I'd need to make it smaller to work with the smaller header.

Thanks for sharing your talents!

Dave
Old 5 Mar 2004, 11:44 AM   #38
DBH

Well, I made the picture a little smaller to make it work with smaller header.

Here is the Small Header. You can just right click on it to save it. I didn't change any of the other images.
And here are the updates:
Slim Electric Sun
in Sanjay's Gallery

Thanks, again, s_j for allowing me to "mess" around with your fine creation!

Dave
Old 6 Mar 2004, 01:31 AM   #39
Ninniku

Beautiful job with the slim versions of Electric Sun! Any chance that we could get a slimmed-down version of FM Dolphin as well? I love the color scheme, but the rows are just a little too tall to fit the whole page on my little monitor ...
Ninniku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2004, 09:14 PM   #40
bplat
Cornerstone of the Community

I join the chorus: wonderful new stylesheets, and I can't wait until they're part of the official package. One request: I prefer the "Trebuchet MS" font over Tahoma, especially for the slimmer versions.
-b
bplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2004, 09:34 PM   #41
Gankaku

Sorry...

Sorry everyone...I've been away for more than a few days. I've only come on to check quickly/post only a few messages, then I run away again. haha

Last week was my bday (you know) and we were busy that weekend, and also this weekend. I got a new computer desk! (from Ikea - the Anton style, if you must know.) Anyway, I have been busy with a few away-from-the-computer type of things.

My project at work is completed this week, so after that I plan to finish up the new entries into the stylesheet galleries. I hope no one's been too impatient.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 01:57 AM   #42
Sanjeev

Slim Sheet fonts

I really like the slim sheets, but the font sizes are way too small for me to see the to, from, date, and subject when reading an email. I'm unsure if this is just a problem I am having or everyone has. I'd like to change the font sizes to something larger, but I'm not sure which parts to edit in the .css file. Hope someone can fix this because I really like the stylesheet, especially because hovering over a link doesn't underline, but changes color.
Sanjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 02:15 AM   #43
DBH

Sanjeev,

You want to look at the .DatTh class to change to font size for the To:, From:, etc. You also may want to change the text size on your browser.

Dave
Old 11 Mar 2004, 03:12 AM   #44
Sanjeev

Quote:
Originally posted by DBH
Sanjeev,

You want to look at the .DatTh class to change to font size for the To:, From:, etc. You also may want to change the text size on your browser.

Dave
Thanks Dave, I tried what you said and it changed the settings, but what I had actually meant to change was the text in the view window (when reading an email). The date ("Wed, 10 Mar 2004 1:50 PM"), subject ("safety"), to email address, and from email address are very very small. Even the "show full header" link is small. The text in the email is already easy enough to read, but those others mentioned are not. Thanks.
Sanjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 03:12 AM   #45
XB77
Essential Contributor

Electric Sun is a non-horizonal scrolling style sheet! Hoorah! Good design! For me, the font is perfect; that is, just on the verge (of being too small) which means the style sheet packs in as much as possible. Good! However, there is one area that is a bit too small--the Quick List in Compose. Good job Dave!
XB77 is offline   Reply With Quote