EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 24 Apr 2008, 11:17 PM   #1
ultra

Unhappy No response from Sales/support ?

A friend took out one of the multi-account deals 3 years ago and has had reminders about renewal (expires 27/04/08) but having clicked the 'renew now' link and seen the cost (near 100 Euro, for main account and 4 sub-accounts) decided he was either going to

1) cancel 2 sub-accounts and downgrade 2 to mini accounts or

2) cancel whole lot.

Last Friday (18th) around 15:30 UK time he clicked the "Live Help" (is it ever staffed, as I've looked several times and only ever seen it showing 'Offline now, leave a message' ) and made an enquiry.

He's searched for any response, and I have also checked (on his PC) for a reply from Runbox, but we've seen none.

I'll be happy to PM the e-mail addresses (his RB account and Fastmail secondary) for someone to check within RB for his enquiry, though I don't know exactly what he wrote at the time, and can only assume he asked for (1) above, and how to achieve it (clearly he'd need to indicate which sub-accounts to close and which need to be mini accounts).

I'll check the other threads about whitelisting / filtering as he was having some issues with that, and making him consider (2) all the more
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Apr 2008, 03:37 AM   #2
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
At this time I don't see any support tickets that have not been replied to at least once.

I can search the support tickets if I know the sending address or if they have the support ticket number.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We've recently switched to a new support system, and some requests might have slipped through the cracks in the transition period.

Our apologies for this -- we think this move will improve the support services overall in the time to come, though!

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2008, 12:25 AM   #4
ultra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carverrn View Post
I can search the support tickets if I know the sending address or if they have the support ticket number.
Thanks for looking Rich. Have sent you a pm with his RB mail address (as used on the query) and an alternative (which is already used for reminders etc by RB).

In case others are interested, should one assume the user can simply complete the renewal page with 1x main subscription and 2x mini accounts (and that RB won't just take the first 2 sub-accounts it finds to renew), and some query will be made later by RB for the user to specify which accounts to downgrade to mini accounts?

It would seem to me that a 'close account' or 'alter account' option might be needed on sub-accounts, or are they now 'legacy' objects - it was only when he queried the charges for 1x main + 4 sub-accounts that I even learned about these 'new' mini accounts... have to admit to mainly using RB to view mail and not keep up with 'news' or blogs or whatever about what's going wrong, being fixed, or actual developments...
Old 26 Apr 2008, 01:43 AM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We recently switched to a new Support Ticket system that included the Live Chat feature. However, it appears that the submission of requests when Live Chat was offline may not have been configured correctly and some requests may have been lost.

If you or your friend could submit a new support ticket at http://support.runbox.com with the details of what needs to be updated for the account we will be able to address it.

The mini sub-accounts are a very new feature and there are still some issues with setup of those accounts. Changing an existing full sub-account to a mini sub-account is something that would have to be done manually by Runbox Support.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2008, 05:33 AM   #6
goky

re: "Live Help"

I used "Live Help" yesterday 4/24/08. Call it 2300 (11 pm) GMT - 7:00 (Pacific Daylight / Summer Time North America)

Worked ok, not too crazy about the answer though .

Using Opera 8.54 browser with Plugins turned on, Java off.

Last edited by goky : 26 Apr 2008 at 06:06 AM. Reason: added time to date
goky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:58 PM   #7
ultra

Thanks for confirming a human response is sometimes available

As for the mini accounts, once he saw that he could choose 0, 10, 20 etc, he decided not to bother... it was going to be as easy to let his family use Google Mail, or some other, and to alter their various home PCs to not try to check mail using POP or IMAP.

He has renewed his main account, and for the moment I'm changing cPanel settings on their family domain to forward into folders for him... Later when they decide which other mail services to use, they may all stop using RB (he only renewed for a year, to keep his RB mail address as a backup account for his ecommerce web site).

Looks like pricing might go against renewals more and more in future, esp using Euro rather than USD (just my view - I was interested to see PP is shown on the payments page... when I changed my password recently I got an error message about an invalid credit card number {I store none online} and {wrongly} assumed that PP was not accepted because of the error message... my mistake, though if not essential, the check for a valid CC is a little odd...)