EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 11 Jul 2016, 10:44 AM   #1
fhapgood
Master of the @

can not send email to a mailing list

The title says it all. Every Sunday for the last ten years I have been sending a mailing to a list. Always worked perfectly. Tonight it is just not happening.

Huh. Now it is flowing OK. Never took this long before. Hope this is not a symptom of anything happening.
fhapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Jul 2016, 12:03 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

What do you mean by "can not send email"? Do you mean that the Fastmail SMTP (or webmail) won't accept the message, and you get an error message without actually sending the email? Or can you send the message, but you get some delivery error message? Or is sending actually working and the mailing list is just slow in forwarding the message? If it's truly a problem with sending the email you should see an error message, typically with a SMTP error code.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2016, 01:14 AM   #3
fhapgood
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
What do you mean by "can not send email"?[/url].
Sorry I was unclear. Background: I always include dead addresses in my mailing so I can see if delivery attempts were made. Usually I get the error messages associated with failed delivery attempts seconds after sending out a mailing. Last night, for the first time ever, in at least ten years of using Fastmail for this function. I failed to get the notifications after a few minutes. So I posted the report, and as soon as I did, the reports started to arrive.

Fred
fhapgood is offline   Reply With Quote