EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Aug 2016, 07:10 PM   #1
rusl

Dealing with .eml attachments.

Someone sent me an email with five attachments. Each attachment is a .eml file (an email as an attachment). Some of these attached emails also have attachments of their own. I know that I can view each of the .eml attachments and also save their attachments by downloading them, but what I actually want to do is to "ingest" the five .eml attachments to my own inbox so that I can search them, forward them, reply to them, and generally deal with them as if they had been sent to me in the first place.

I know I can use a desktop IMAP client like Thunderbird to achieve this, but I want to achieve this natively in the Fastmail web interface.
rusl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Aug 2016, 08:08 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

If you sign in to the old classic interface, and open the message, you are given the option to detach the attached messages into the current folder. This is one of the functions I am going to seriously miss when the classic interface is retired (which I now fear is not long away).
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2016, 08:11 PM   #3
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusl View Post
Someone sent me an email with five attachments. Each attachment is a .eml file (an email as an attachment). Some of these attached emails also have attachments of their own. I know that I can view each of the .eml attachments and also save their attachments by downloading them, but what I actually want to do is to "ingest" the five .eml attachments to my own inbox so that I can search them, forward them, reply to them, and generally deal with them as if they had been sent to me in the first place.

I know I can use a desktop IMAP client like Thunderbird to achieve this, but I want to achieve this natively in the Fastmail web interface.
Try the (old) classic interface https://classic.fastmail.com.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Aug 2016, 06:44 PM   #4
rusl

Thanks for the help both of you.

Dear Fastmail, feature request please for detaching .eml attachments into a folder in the new interface.
rusl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2019, 03:05 PM   #5
ellentk
Essential Contributor

I'm replying three years after the last request was posted to this page. Should I ask FM directly for this feature or is this board followed?

I was trying to forward some tickets to a friend and they were munged into the.eml format. Not even spectrum's really bad webmail UI does this. Why does FM?
ellentk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2019, 08:52 PM   #6
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellentk View Post
I'm replying three years after the last request was posted to this page. Should I ask FM directly for this feature or is this board followed?

I was trying to forward some tickets to a friend and they were munged into the.eml format. Not even spectrum's really bad webmail UI does this. Why does FM?
Once in a while someone from FM posts here, but I think that's probably only after someone has told them/asked them about something being discussed here. Their staff don't follow the discussions here.

So, yes, you'll have to ask them directly.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote