EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 18 Aug 2023, 11:18 AM   #1
bermudi

Unhappy Proton privacy advocating?

So, I got an email from Google inviting me to Google One Dark Web Report and I decided what the hell, it can't hurt me, might as well try it out. And I was registering my email accounts there when I started adding my Proton aliases I have used since I opened my account in all these years when I suddenly stopped getting emails from Google and instead I got this:
Hello,

Our anti-abuse systems have detected that this account is involved in bulk registrations for third-party services. We would like to remind you that we reserve the right to take action against any account considered to be in violation of this policy.

For more information, please consult our Terms & Conditions here: https://proton.me/legal/terms/.

Please be aware that further improper behavior may result in the permanent closure of your account.

Thank you,

The Proton Team
So, basically I have upset the watchful eyes of this "Privacy friendly/advocating" company by simply using my account. I'm honestly terrified to touch this account now for any kind of registration or email because I can't tell if my normal everyday use could upset Proton even more and cause me to lose the account I use for recovery on a lot of very important places. (hence why monitoring the dark web for this address was a decent idea to begin with)

Last edited by bermudi : 18 Aug 2023 at 10:59 PM. Reason: words
bermudi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Aug 2023, 12:42 PM   #2
ankupan
Cornerstone of the Community

ohhhh.

Thanks for sharing these details, I got these emails from google too and will be carefully with this.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2023, 05:56 PM   #3
truemagic

Thanks for sharing.

Should have used a DuckDuckGo alias for this instead.
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote