EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 9 Oct 2019, 12:16 AM   #571
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

This thread is now getting on to nearly 6 years old, and I must admit during this time I was (like many others here on the forum) sceptical about Jarland's "e-mail forwarding is a bad idea" approach.

But I have taken my blinkers off and put my "I'm alright Jack" attitude to one side, and have looked at this from Jarland's side, and IMHO he does not speak with forked tongue.

The bottom line is do some real research yourself, and if you still think Jarland's in the wrong, then don't give him your business.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2019, 04:00 PM   #572
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

@MXroute on Twitter:

Quote:
Coming soon: All MXroute email accounts will get free access to a NextCloud account that can offer a variety of services from file backup/sync, Cal/CardDAV, document editing/sharing, and more! This will be a free addition to our service.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 03:57 PM   #573
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

@MXroute on Twitter:

Quote:
We've been temporarily forced to manually approve new accounts for our community forum due to this thread:
https://community.mxroute.com/t/refu...nt-deleted/689
Old 27 Dec 2019, 07:57 PM   #574
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

NextCloud for all MXroute customers

@MXroute on Twitter:

Quote:
An early launch: NextCloud for all MXroute customers. It's not a backup service! It's adding more features to your email accounts.
https://mxroute.com/whats-next/
Old 9 Jun 2020, 05:10 AM   #575
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Interview: Q&A with MXroute Owner Jarland Donnell

https://lowendbox.com/blog/interview...d-a-look-back/
Old 28 Jun 2020, 07:31 PM   #576
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Terms of Service - with Human Interpretation

I don't know how long this "Human Interpretation" has been in place, I only noticed it today:

https://mxroute.com/policy/
Old 28 Jun 2020, 09:50 PM   #577
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I have no sympathy with spammers, but this excerpt looks quite hairy and almost certainly would be illegal in Europe
Quote:
Spam found to be intentional will result in us sharing your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, IP address, signup domain, and PayPal e-mail address with FraudRecord.com.

Last edited by janusz : 30 Jun 2020 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #578
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
I have no sympathy with spammers, but this excerpt looks quite hairy and almost certainly would be illegal in Europe
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people in the EU are really difficult to please and continually cite their laws, but thankfully they're not applicable to an LLC in Texas I joke a little, but for real it's amazing how many people in the EU try to tell me I'm subject to their laws. It's one of the legal scenarios I understand well.

Legit spammers get no courtesies, and I can only hope it scares them away. Anyone worried that they'd be viewed as a legitimate spammer should stay far, far away. The only way we take on the big dogs of the industry is by keeping our house clean, else we have no chance to pull off the goal of above average and consistent outbound delivery. So far so good with the goal of keeping IPs clean for consistent delivery, and 1-2 actual legitimate spammers per year signing up at most. On the right track!

Also, just a heads up. I've said it before but things kept getting in the way. This time I actually mean it, we'll be releasing an iOS app shortly (hope to have it submitted to the App Store by end of tomorrow). Android will follow if that goes well. It'll be named "MXlogin" in the App Store.

Last edited by jarland : Today at 08:59 AM.
jarland is online now   Reply With Quote