EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 22 Jun 2020, 03:43 PM   #16
jeffpan
Master of the @

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Hey, the newly announced email service, has a unique product on its slate of offerings: a rare, exclusive two- or three-letter email address, like [email protected] or [email protected] for example (or perhaps just your initials). But itís going to cost you.

As noticed on Twitter and confirmed by David Heinemeier Hansson, the co-founder of Hey parent company Basecamp, Hey considers these shortened addresses ďpremiumĒ and worth the extra money. For a two-letter address, it will be $999 a year. For a three-letter one, the cost drops to $375 a year. Everyone else who signs up for Hey, which is still in an invite-only phase until a broader launch next month, can simply pick a four-letter or longer email address and pay the standard $99 a year.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2020, 01:29 AM   #17
TenFour
Cornerstone of the Community

The saga continues. Apple has now approved Hey after some modifications by Basecamp. https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/22/ap...e-policy-spat/
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2020, 07:23 AM   #18
malcontent
Essential Contributor

'Hey email app open to all after Apple 'definitively' approves it'

https://www.engadget.com/apple-basec...154225649.html
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2020, 01:03 PM   #19
ankupan
Cornerstone of the Community

I think they should think for prices on premium user names.

Charges should be one time and later on renewal regular prices.

Same like domain, you buy at premium whatever prices, but renewal is $ 10 only.

Who is going to pay for USD 999 for email just for 365 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Hey, the newly announced email service, has a unique product on its slate of offerings: a rare, exclusive two- or three-letter email address, like [email protected] or [email protected] for example (or perhaps just your initials). But itís going to cost you.

As noticed on Twitter and confirmed by David Heinemeier Hansson, the co-founder of Hey parent company Basecamp, Hey considers these shortened addresses ďpremiumĒ and worth the extra money. For a two-letter address, it will be $999 a year. For a three-letter one, the cost drops to $375 a year. Everyone else who signs up for Hey, which is still in an invite-only phase until a broader launch next month, can simply pick a four-letter or longer email address and pay the standard $99 a year.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2020, 09:45 PM   #20
curvefan
Essential Contributor

Cool

I agree with some of the other posters in this thread concerning pricing for this new service.

Wow! I think they are way over priced.

I doubt the average email user will pay these prices.

I got the name I wanted but it's not worth what they're asking for a years access to it.

Maybe I'm just cheap

I also didn't notice anything that special about it that merited such a high price tag.

Maybe just having the hey.com on the end of your address?

I'm definitely missing something here.......
curvefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2020, 05:18 AM   #21
jpzNFyPRL

I really think they built an Email Triage System moreso than a great replacement for a typical gmail or fastmail user.

What they created is so simplistic that it's most likely to appeal to someone who's least likely to want to pay for email. (typical personal gmail account user)

Think of how many emails you have to have flooding in each day to really truly need "set aside" & "reply later" combined with the "focus mode for replies" as keystone features.
jpzNFyPRL is offline   Reply With Quote